Won't open - ERROR: gfx.pak missing

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
AiriniH
Pledge

Won't open - ERROR: gfx.pak missing

Post by AiriniH »

Hi I downloaded the game for Mac, but it won't open - saying "gfx.pak missing" when it's clearly in the folder. Can anyone help?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 11.19.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 11.19.35 AM.png (154.73 KiB) Viewed 37362 times
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Won't open - ERROR: gfx.pak missing

Post by SpottedShroom »

Hm. Unfortunately I don't have a Mac copy of Book I, but I have a few follow-up questions that may help us get closer to the problem.

It looks like you're running version 1.06, which is the latest. Did you purchase it direct from Basilisk Games, or from a third party like Steam?

What version of Mac OS are you running?

Also, on a hunch that this might be a case sensitivity issue, what file system are you running? You can find out by running "diskutil list" from a Terminal window. You can just paste the whole output here.
tsk
Pledge

Post by tsk »

Hey.

In case anybody else has this problem, I found that the following worked for me.

Right-click on the eschalon_book_1.app icon and select Show Package Contents. Open the folder Contents, then open the folder MacOS and open the object eschalon_book_1. The game should run as usual.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

tsk wrote: September 14th, 2017, 3:28 am Hey.

In case anybody else has this problem, I found that the following worked for me.

Right-click on the eschalon_book_1.app icon and select Show Package Contents. Open the folder Contents, then open the folder MacOS and open the object eschalon_book_1. The game should run as usual.
Where did you download it from? It sounds as if the original app package may have been re-packaged(?).
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.