Big problem in Shadowmirk!!!

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
zengrey
Apprentice

Big problem in Shadowmirk!!!

Post by zengrey »

This is after getting the quest to return to Shadowmirk. When I enter the third level the main screen loads as blackness. Nothing to illuminate, no walls to walk into, one ghosty looking acolyte who of course ignores you. Please help! I'm hoping something like that Vela fix will work for this??
Thank you!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

There is a very obscure bug where occasionally you get teleported to some strange area outside the map when you enter a new map or reload you game. Sounds like it happened to you.,

Go back to a save position before you enter the third level and then re-enter that level. It should fix itself.
zengrey
Apprentice

Post by zengrey »

Dear BW/Thom,

Not so far. I've even gone off and killed a few other things, did the acorn quest. Went back to Shadowmirk, same deal. Third level is inky black void, sounds like I'm walking on dirt. When I get to the edge of the screen, the game freezes, then crashes. Admittedly, I am running this game on an iMac with only 256k of ram, but I have been up to the top level, and spoken with Erubor previously. Is there a way I can reset Shadow mirk, and continue with the quest? It should say something as to how much I enjoy this game that I persevere with playing on this tiny 'puter! Very nice job on the design and execution. BTW, currently a lvl 10 Pally, armored nicely enough to not be getting killed constantly. Thanks again for all of BG's time and effort in making this wonderful game!
Cheers, zengrey