Esc-key Bug

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
hekele
Initiate

Esc-key Bug

Post by hekele »

Another bug I've just discovered is that in Windowed mode, the 'esc' key doesn't seem to work. I double-checked by going back to full screen and it does still work in that mode.
Krafen
Council Member

Post by Krafen »

Does ESC give you a yellow highlight around the options button but not open the window? That happened to me after I created a new character, died before I saved, and created a new character without leaving the game. This was in full-screen mode.

Both ESC and clicking with the mouse only highlighted the button. Neither actually opened the window. It seemed to start working again after I changed maps.
recluse
Apprentice

Re:

Post by recluse »

Krafen wrote:Does ESC give you a yellow highlight around the options button but not open the window? That happened to me after I created a new character, died before I saved, and created a new character without leaving the game. This was in full-screen mode.

Both ESC and clicking with the mouse only highlighted the button. Neither actually opened the window. It seemed to start working again after I changed maps.
Hey, that sounds familiar!

In my first attempt, my all-warrior character kept dying, so finally I just created a new character -- one with some magic skill. Tried to save him before starting off, but the esc. key did nothing. Tried clicking the icon for options and that also did nothing. Moved around a little, tried both again, no good. I couldn't even leave the game. Key-stroke attempts to force-quit didn't work either, nor did keystroke shut-down. Had to power-off my mac in order to get out. A little wary of the game now, I reopened it and rebuilt my warrior-mage character, and this time there was no problem whatsoever. Everything worked just fine. I have no idea what happened here.