F12 key in New Character setup.

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
JyriErik
Fellowcraft Apprentice

F12 key in New Character setup.

Post by JyriErik »

Based on a message in the general section about a problem with setting up a new character I checked out that part myself and found that the F12 keydoesn't work as intended in the Mac version. When in windowed mode, it pulls up widgets (its preset), while in full screen mode nothing happens when you hit it.

Jyri
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I discovered this myself a few weeks ago. I need to remap a few keys on the Mac.
sorbo
Pledge

mac key shortcuts

Post by sorbo »

Hi!

You can change the Dashboard shortcut key from the System Preferences application under "Dashboard and Expose" to something else than F12, that should solve your problem?

Cheers,

Sorbo
Helsinki, Finland
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

I'm running OS X 10.3.9 and in Windowed Mode, you are right, it does not work at all, instead, it does the thing where all the windows shrink so you can see them all (Exposé).
Under System Preferences/Exposé, you can turn off or change the settings, and after I did that, it worked the same way it does in Full Screen Mode.

In Full Screen Mode, it works only in the character creation screen, which is what was intended, right?

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
recluse
Apprentice

Re: F12 key in New Character setup.

Post by recluse »

The keyboard I'm using (not the original) uses the F12 key to open the CD/DVD drive. I hate it, but for now I have to make do with this. So I couldn't use your F12 either.
Amazadh Kristeopolous
Apprentice

Post by Amazadh Kristeopolous »

There are issues with all the function keys that would be so useful if they could be remapped!

I have the bog standard keyboard with my Mac Pro, and all 4 of the assigned function keys have specific uses that are not over written by Eschalon. So, no use of F1,F2, F3, or F12 in the game, whether full-screen or windowed.

It would be really neat if you can come up with a workable alternative, especially for Book 2! :wink:
"Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes..."
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Function keys can be remapped in Book II. :)
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

JyriErik wrote:Based on a message in the general section about a problem with setting up a new character I checked out that part myself and found that the F12 key doesn't work as intended in the Mac version. When in windowed mode, it pulls up widgets (its preset), while in full screen mode nothing happens when you hit it.
On my Macbook laptop, I don't think any of the function keys have ever worked - not F5 or F9(?) either.

I had just assumed that it was another Mac laptops issue. I guess maybe not...