Imbuing arrows

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Imbuing arrows

Post by Dragonlady »

I'm on my 4th run thru of the game and it just dawned on me to try and imbue arrows. (I couldn't find anyone selling the 'Flight arrows' for quite some time and thought I needed some now, not later. Anyway, when I put 50 arrows in the slot along with Ectoplasm and Serpent Venom I got a message saying you could only do 1 item at a time. :( Kinda disappointed. Having arrows of +3 to hit/damage would be cool, but there just isn't enough ingredients to do that.

(this should probably be added to 'for book II list')

Could it be possible to imbue arrows in bunches? Maybe 50 at +1, 25 at +2 and 15 at +3? Just a thought. Don't know if that would even be possible or if it would be too 'Monty Hall-ish'.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
JyriErik
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JyriErik »

Came up with that thought myself a while ago. I suspect the one at a time is there to keep imbuing arrows from getting ridiculous.

(BTW, there are some arrows better than +3/+3 (aka Assassin arrows). Diamond head arrows are +5/+4 (but incredibly rare).

Jyri
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

JyriErik wrote:Came up with that thought myself a while ago. I suspect the one at a time is there to keep imbuing arrows from getting ridiculous.

(BTW, there are some arrows better than +3/+3 (aka Assassin arrows). Diamond head arrows are +5/+4 (but incredibly rare).

Jyri
Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing about a total of 14 Assassin arrows in all the times I've played. Never run across Diamond headed ones.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
JyriErik
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JyriErik »

In two full playthroughs (one using the Mac "cheat" of starting a new game with your previous character) I've picked up a total of 30 Assassin & 14 Diamond head arrows. Since I have the "Mega Ranger" gloves of +4 to hit with bows, plus the imbuing +3 damage, Flight arrows are plenty deadly for my ranger.

Jyri