Couple of "hide in shadows" issues.

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Starke
Pledge

Couple of "hide in shadows" issues.

Post by Starke »

No idea if these are mac only, but I'm guessing not based on the behavior, since it looks more like a script issue. However, I don't know where to post it, so here works.

If you start to rest at night, while hidden, and are attacked during the day, you remain hidden unless you move. While it's kind of amusing to be whacking away at some thugs in broad daylight while they can't see you, somehow I don't think it was intended to work this way. :D Might want to put a script check in upon being woken.

Entangle + Hidden has some weird behavior. Normally, entangled units don't move, but if you are hidden, they walk around freely, dragging the vines with them. Once you become visible, they stop moving, but if you become visible right next to them they can attack you. Normally, I can walk up to something and beat on it if it is entangled without fear of repercussions.

Oh, and hide in shadows is a bit off the power-curve in relation to other skills.... Might want to tone it down a little in Book 2. As in, you can't move one space and become hidden again, or stabbing someone REALLY increases the chances of you being noticed. (I would think that being stabbed would sort of increase people's wariness.... :wink:)

There was something else.... Oh well, I'll remember eventually.