Imbuing Weapons and Armor Limits

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
CobraEye
Apprentice

Imbuing Weapons and Armor Limits

Post by CobraEye »

My character had a total alchemy level of 13, including two Brewmaster rings.

I imbued a sword to +2 to hit and +2 damage, and did the same with a bow.

On my next level up, I used 2 points to increase my total alchemy level to 15 with the intention of raising the sword to +3 to hit and +3 damage (and do the same for the bow).

However, the game wouldn't let me, saying that I had already done everything that could be done to the sword. Does this mean that to get +3 you have to go from 0 to +3 in a single session rather than increasing it by +1 each time you achieve a higher alchemy level?

Or am I just missing something (needless to say college chemistry was NOT my strength!)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I believe a weapon or armour can be empowered only once. Whatever magic goes into it restructures the metal so that it can't accept any more magic. So, if you find something worth putting a '+' into, wait until you can do a +3 (the currant high) to do it. :D

Basilisk might have a different reason though. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Oddly enough, last night I discovered that while 3 may be the top for players, it's not the top in the game. I've been wiping out all life in Eschalon, and going through Gramuk's chests, I picked up an Adamantine Great Sword +4. I prefer axes, but...very pretty.
Last edited by Kreador Freeaxe on May 4th, 2008, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
CobraEye
Apprentice

Post by CobraEye »

Dragonlady wrote:I believe a weapon or armour can be empowered only once. Whatever magic goes into it restructures the metal so that it can't accept any more magic. So, if you find something worth putting a '+' into, wait until you can do a +3 (the currant high) to do it. :D

Basilisk might have a different reason though. :)
I was afraid of this. I see the point, but could make an equal argument that additional magic could be added just as multiple spells are cumulative in their effect on a person or creature. Still, I guess it's time to look for a different weapon to imbue.

I also noticed that I couldn't imbue a +1 weapon I discovered to +2 or +3 for the same reasons.
plucero
Initiate

Re: Imbuing Weapons and Armor Limits

Post by plucero »

How does one search through Gramuk's chests? I thought there's only one key to open the doors.
Patrick
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

plucero wrote:How does one search through Gramuk's chests? I thought there's only one key to open the doors.
Patrick
And you always have to find a key to be able to open a door?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Stalfos
Apprentice

Post by Stalfos »

Just wanting to clarify stuff, since I did asked myself the same question as the original poster...

The Maximum Imbuing one can do is a +3, no matter how much Alchemy level you have. I tried with 105 alchemy, and you still only create a +3. If you wonder how I did have 105 alchemy, I cheated to test.

One thing you might wanna know, is that a weapon can have BOTH +3 damage imbue AND +3 hit imbue!
You might also wanna get yourself a good armor with stats/skill upgrade (but without armor rating bonus) to add a +3 on that rare one.
You cannot imbue in damage or armor rating a piece of equipement that allready has a +... the game will tell you anyway. :P

Last thing, I suggest (though I don't know for potion...) that once you have 9 alchemy, to get yourself 2 Brewmaster ring (+3 alchemy each) in order to imbue with 15 alchemy, but no more. That way, you can put skill point elsewhere.

There, hope that help!!

PS: If I did a mistake somewhere, correct me please. ^^
Edit 2 : This thread should be placed in "General" or something, so it can be viewed more easily then with the search function...
Hyrkali
Freelance Web Developer @ NickoLabs
ronjeez
Pledge

Post by ronjeez »

CobraEye wrote:My character had a total alchemy level of 13, including two Brewmaster rings.

I imbued a sword to +2 to hit and +2 damage, and did the same with a bow.

On my next level up, I used 2 points to increase my total alchemy level to 15 with the intention of raising the sword to +3 to hit and +3 damage (and do the same for the bow).

However, the game wouldn't let me, saying that I had already done everything that could be done to the sword. Does this mean that to get +3 you have to go from 0 to +3 in a single session rather than increasing it by +1 each time you achieve a higher alchemy level?

Or am I just missing something (needless to say college chemistry was NOT my strength!)
I think this is a effective techniques for me thanks for the help here.