patch 1.05

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
anthonychesterman
Pledge

patch 1.05

Post by anthonychesterman »

hi, i've got the game on mac, seems to work fine, do i need to ge t the update to 1.05? secondly do you need help with the translation of book 2? cheers
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: patch 1.05

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

As long as you are having no trouble with the game, there is really no need to upgrade to 1.05.

And yes, anyone who wants to help translate can. The catch is- we won't start translating until the game is finished, so it won't be for several months yet.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
macgallant
Pledge

Post by macgallant »

I want the 1.05 patch. . . I bought Eschalon Book 1 from the Macgamestore.com
and they don't have the updated 1.05 version up. . .

For some strange reason, whenever I start up Eschalon Book I, my fan kicks into high gear and
the cpu temp rises a lot . . . and when I quit the game the temperature drops back down. . .

my mac is a :

MacBook 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD, Intel GMA x3100
running Mac OSX 10.5.6 Leopard

Could you guys give me the patch or at least contact Macgamestore.com and give them the
updated 1.05 version so I could download it from them?

Thank you. much appreciated.

a loyal fan and customer of Eschalon Book I,

Macgallant
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Eschalon seems to be very call intensive and uses the CPU and hard drive more than some other games. My fan comes on more than for almost anything else I use.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

macgallant wrote:For some strange reason, whenever I start up Eschalon Book I, my fan kicks into high gear and
the cpu temp rises a lot . . . and when I quit the game the temperature drops back down. . .

my mac is a :

MacBook 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD, Intel GMA x3100
running Mac OSX 10.5.6 Leopard
Have you tried the 1.05 demo? I can't see it making a difference for you with the integrated graphics chip you have... the CPU is having to play catchup because the gpu can't render the necessary effects. That's why your fan is kicking on... the game likely is maxing out one of the cores.
neoscully
Pledge

Post by neoscully »

Ok, but how can I get the updated version? Searching the forum is not really a help.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

neoscully wrote:Ok, but how can I get the updated version? Searching the forum is not really a help.
Depending on where and when you downloaded your demo, it may be the newest version. Look at the file information. Otherwise, if you have not yet purchased the game, redownload the demo from the Book I page on the Basilisk Games site to be sure you have the latest version. If you have bought the game, send that information to Basilisk Wrangler (information on how to do that is in the main Book I forum). He'll help you out.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.