won't start

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
bryun.souther
Pledge

won't start

Post by bryun.souther »

when i click on the icon it will bring up the launch menu. however the menu is just a box w/ random pieces of my screen in it. there appears to be three places to click in the box but clicking on them does nothing. i rebooted my computer (many times) also re-dragged the game into the apps folder many times and still no dice. was a fun game, would like to play some more. thanks for any help you may give.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: won't start

Post by IJBall »

bryun.souther wrote:when i click on the icon it will bring up the launch menu. however the menu is just a box w/ random pieces of my screen in it. there appears to be three places to click in the box but clicking on them does nothing. i rebooted my computer (many times) also re-dragged the game into the apps folder many times and still no dice. was a fun game, would like to play some more. thanks for any help you may give.
I think the first question would be is - What particular version of Mac OS are you running, and what are your hardware specs?

The "three places to click" are, respectively, the 'Graphic Renderer' (on the Mac, your only choice is OpenGL - my first thought is that there's an OpenGL problem with your system which is causing the weird game behavior), the 'Color Depth' (this doesn't sound like it'll help with your problem), and the 'Screen Preferences' (with your issue, I'd try to start out with the game in 'Windowed' mode, if you can figure that part out).

Below those "three places to click" (near the bottom of the "box") is the "Start" button (it won't seem clickable to you right now, but it is) - if you can figure out a way to click the "Start" button, you might try it just to see if it 'snaps' the game out of your current issue (but you may need to be prepared to do a 'hard restart' if weird stuff continues to happen after starting the game...).
bryun.souther
Pledge

Post by bryun.souther »

thanks, i clicked where the start should be and it works. appreciate the help.
csharp0
Initiate

Post by csharp0 »

when you click start and the game works, is it windowed mode or full screen? i have the exact same problem, but my game will only work in full screen. when i try to start in windowed version i get fragmented blocks.
Lack of clever wit.