Glitchy graphics?

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Glitchy graphics?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Sorry everyone- we will look into this. Let us get Book 2 out the door, then I will tackle this Book 1 issue.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

If my vote for how you spend your time is a choice between:
a) Retrofitting Book I for the Mac
b) Getting Book II out the door
you can absolutely believe I want you focused on Book II.

Cannot wait!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I finally got around to updating my MacBook Pro to 10.6.3...and Book 1 version 1.05 and 1.04 work perfectly fine for me.

It's hard to fix a problem that I can't replicate here. :?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

This looks like one really bizarre situation.

After reading BW's post about his system working fine, I tried to load my version 1.04 again. The Launch Window was better, although not perfect. However, the Start button was half there, so I pressed it. The game started normally at that point.
csharp0
Initiate

Post by csharp0 »

i too have had problems. before updating my OS, it worked perfectly. now the start menu is unrecognizable. so, after reading the posts i reloaded my game (only have version 1.05. same problem.

i took a chance at which buttons i was pushing/selecting, going by the clicking sound of the button changes and press where the start button is (by sight it was still the unrecognizable blocks). the game started fine, in full screen mode. since i rarely play in full screen i quit and tried another series of blind clicks until i got the windowed screen mode. the game loaded, but was full of glitchy blocks, just as the start menu.

guess i can't complain, at least it will play in full screen, but will have to learn the start menu screen by heart so i can get there.

anyway, i'm much more anxious to play Book II at this point, just wanted to share that the problem is still there, at least to a select lucky few.

Apple has been frustrating me a lot lately.

running: 10.6.3 on a 2.2 Ghz MacBook
Lack of clever wit.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I don't know if the rest of you will have the same experience I've had, but it seems that every time I load the game, the Launch screen problems seem less severe. In the beginning the bottom 65% of the screen was a mess. Now, the buttons look odd and the bottom 20% is off. But, the box around each button is visible.
macographer
Initiate

Post by macographer »

Is there a 1.05 patch somewhere? I can find the places to download the full version, but I figured I'd ask about a patch anyway. Additionally, should I just replace the Eschalon folder? Saved games are in my documents, so they aren't in any danger, right?
bryun.souther
Pledge

Post by bryun.souther »

i'm not sure what my computer has, it's whatever macbook pro comes w/ from best buy bought new 3 months ago. at first it worked fine, then only the launch menu was messed up. thanks to you guys telling me i can still hit start (even if i couldn't read it) i got to keep playing. Until now that is. now i get the random blocks of graphics like the two who posted before me. Just wanted to verify that it's not just them. thanks for your time.
egbokalaka
Initiate

Post by egbokalaka »

Got the same issue with Book I. Early 2009 Macbook Pro, 10.6.4. 1.05 purchased here a month ago. Game works fine in full screen. Start window and windowed mode hosed with random frame buffer garbage.

Eschalon Book II has been out a while (long enough for me to finish it :) Can we have some Book I Macintosh love please?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

egbokalaka wrote:Got the same issue with Book I. Early 2009 Macbook Pro, 10.6.4. 1.05 purchased here a month ago. Game works fine in full screen. Start window and windowed mode hosed with random frame buffer garbage.

Eschalon Book II has been out a while (long enough for me to finish it :) Can we have some Book I Macintosh love please?
Did you download the recompile?

http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... 762#p33762
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
egbokalaka
Initiate

Post by egbokalaka »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote: Did you download the recompile?
http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... 762#p33762
No. I didn't. Thanks for the pointer. Didn't realize it was the fix for this issue.

Any idea how long they usually take to respond to download requests? I put mine in earlier this afternoon.

Thanks again.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BW is pretty fast, but he's one guy and he's trying to finish the 1.05 update and expansion for Book II right now. I'd give him to the weekend before you even think about worrying. You'll probably have it tomorrow, though, is my guess.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
egbokalaka
Initiate

Post by egbokalaka »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:BW is pretty fast, but he's one guy and he's trying to finish the 1.05 update and expansion for Book II right now. I'd give him to the weekend before you even think about worrying. You'll probably have it tomorrow, though, is my guess.
Cool. Thanks again.