Graphics Problem Book1 (Steam)

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Fred
Initiate

Graphics Problem Book1 (Steam)

Post by Fred »

Hi All

Recently purchased Book 1 via Steam and for the first couple of weeks all was OK, now today there are patches of ground graphics missing, just white triangular/square patches.

As I purchased this through Steam I would like to download the latest version so that I can play without being reliant on Steam, would this be possible please ?

Thanks....
CM Capture 2.jpg
CM Capture 2.jpg (108.6 KiB) Viewed 22195 times
Fred
Initiate

Re: Graphics Problem Book1 (Steam)

Post by Fred »

Hi

So I buy a game through Steam for £15.99 that does not run correctly on my Mac.

Hmmm, not happy at all with this :(
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Well that's...not pretty. You might want to send an e-mail to info at basiliskgames.com with a link back to this thread. Hopefully BW can help you, and maybe figure out what's up with your download from Steam.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I has your Mac been updated within the past couple of weeks? It's possible a driver update broke something... especially if it was running fine for the first couple of weeks. It's either that or your install somehow became corrupted... have you tried re-installing the game?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Or a simple reboot / restart?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Fred
Initiate

Post by Fred »

CrazyBernie wrote:I has your Mac been updated within the past couple of weeks? It's possible a driver update broke something... especially if it was running fine for the first couple of weeks. It's either that or your install somehow became corrupted... have you tried re-installing the game?
Hi

Did not know that you could delete and reinstall games via Steam untill today.

Have now reinstalled Book 1 and fingers crossed is running OK at the moment.

Thanks for the replies people :)
Gaspy1909
Pledge

Post by Gaspy1909 »

I have the same issue. Bought Book 1 from Steam yesterday. Quitting and restarting the game sometimes works. Restarting the computer sometimes works.

Why again did apple have to make breaking changes to their opengl implementation?
Psen
Initiate

Post by Psen »

That's the same problem I'm having, but I didn't get my copy through Steam. I'm hoping that's the graphics "glitch" that was posted about on the Basilisk Game homepage. I'm awaiting a response for a new copy that hopefully fixes the glitch (fingers crossed).
MCroft
Pledge

Post by MCroft »

I am having the same issue. My copy was bought via MacGameStore. com some time ago. I updated after getting this email:
This is a courtesy email to inform you, that the following product
you purchased, has been updated with a newer version for download:

Eschalon: Book I (v1.0.5)

You may download the new version from the following url:

<URL stripped>

Changes:

Includes support for newer Macs.
The issue is affecting my MBP 2.4GHzx2 using the GeForce 9600M GT (on power) running 10.6.4 The display seems to be affected most during game night.
Psen
Initiate

Post by Psen »

Hm, except 10.6.4 I'm quite different on machine/vid card. Here are my specs if it helps diagnose the issue:

10.6.4 iMac
2.4GHz IC2Duo
4GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD2600 256MB
Scaboda
Pledge

Post by Scaboda »

I'm having the exact same problem. I was able to get this to go away by relaunching the program or restarting my computer at first, but now it doesn't seem to want to go away at all.

This is terribly frustrating as I played the demo for quite some time and never had a problem. I'm starting to wonder if buying this from Steam was a mistake. Is there another version we can get if we've already paid for it on Steam?

Here are my system specs:
Mac OS X 10.6.4
3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB Ram
512MB GeForce 8800 GS
egbokalaka
Initiate

Post by egbokalaka »

Scaboda wrote:Is there another version we can get if we've already paid for it on Steam?
It's a problem on my non-Steam version.

I had the glitchy start menu and windowed mode problem. Basilisk sent me the download link to the latest recompiled version. It fixed the menu glitches, but the white tiles just showed up for me, after playing a couple of hours or so. Since I downloaded the new version yesterday, I'd say the problem hasn't been fixed yet.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

egbokalaka wrote:
Scaboda wrote:Is there another version we can get if we've already paid for it on Steam?

I had the glitchy start menu and windowed mode problem. Basilisk sent me the download link to the latest recompiled version. It fixed the menu glitches, but the white tiles just showed up for me, after playing a couple of hours or so. Since I downloaded the new version yesterday, I'd say the problem hasn't been fixed yet.
Has anyone tried restarting their computer/system to see if that solves this issue?
Scaboda
Pledge

Post by Scaboda »

IJBall wrote:
egbokalaka wrote:

Has anyone tried restarting their computer/system to see if that solves this issue?
Yeah, restarted mine several times. Even zapped the pram for good measure. What has been working for me lately is toggling all of the options on the start up screen a couple times before starting the game. Not sure if that's what's actually fixing it or not, but I tried starting the game a couple time and got the white patches, then restarted and got the white patches, then restarted an toggled the resolution and window mode back and forth before starting and didn't get the white patches.
egbokalaka
Initiate

Post by egbokalaka »

IJBall wrote: Has anyone tried restarting their computer/system to see if that solves this issue?

Actually, restarting the game did it for me, and it hasn't come back - yet.