Crash with OS X Lion

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Mr. Bloodaxe
Initiate

Re: Crash with OS X Lion

Post by Mr. Bloodaxe »

Yeah I agree. At first I was luke warm with the Mac App Store but it's really starting to grow with some excellent titles.

Just got Cave Story today and picked up Edge a few days prior. I think Edge was actually cheaper on the App Store over Steam too.

Hopefully Steam can work out a patch with Basilisk. I understand the customers not really having a direct line with Steam - but the devs too?! That's just bad on Steam.

I would think Steam would value the concerns of devs and publishers that are driving business to their distribution platform. But I digress...

Hope everything works out - I'd love to play these games sometime. :)
allfunandgames
Initiate

Post by allfunandgames »

While I understand the (many) frustrations with Steam, it is what first introduced me to Eschalon and so I will be forever grateful for that.

Plus, the matchmaking on Steam is a huge benefit. Being able to log in and instantly see my friends who are online, what games they are playing, and directly join any in progress games is invaluable.

But there is no argument that they should treat the developers better!

P.S. Steam just downloaded a patch, and now Eschalon Book 1 is working for me! Hooray! Thanks for getting this fixed!
MattM
Initiate

Post by MattM »

Yep, Book I is now working. Progress!

However, Book II still crashes in exactly the same way. Hopefully, they just haven't gotten around to applying the patch there yet.

Fingers crossed....
Chod
Initiate

Post by Chod »

Excellent news. Book 1 is working for me too. Looks like the issue is fixed with book 1!

Book 2 is still broken, hopefully it will be next. Great work Basilisk!
DigitalOz
Pledge

Post by DigitalOz »

Is there any update on getting Eschalon II to work from Steam? I bought and paid for this game over two months ago (July 19th) and still can not play it. It looks like Steam updated over the last day or so, but it still crashes at launch. I just went to log a problem at Steam and for some reason Eschalon: Book II was not in the menu of games, although Eschalon: Book I was. How do I go about getting a refund for this game? I appreciate that this is some issue you are still trying to resolve through steam, but frankly I paid for this two months ago and still can't play it. Please don't lose sight of your customers in this process.

DigitalOz
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

DigitalOz wrote:Is there any update on getting Eschalon II to work from Steam? I bought and paid for this game over two months ago (July 19th) and still can not play it. It looks like Steam updated over the last day or so, but it still crashes at launch. I just went to log a problem at Steam and for some reason Eschalon: Book II was not in the menu of games, although Eschalon: Book I was. How do I go about getting a refund for this game? I appreciate that this is some issue you are still trying to resolve through steam, but frankly I paid for this two months ago and still can't play it. Please don't lose sight of your customers in this process.

DigitalOz
They are working on it. It's a problem on their end- they've probably removed the game until they can get it working.

If you want a refund, you'll need to request it through Steam. Be sure to tell them why, as it may prompt them to prioritize our game. I know they are dealing with other games that are not running under Lion as well.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Zorro99
Pledge

Post by Zorro99 »

Hats off to BasiliskWrangler! :D Book 1 is now working with Steam. Sill keeping my fingers crossed for Book 2....

thanks!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

After all this time, looks like the Book II fix has been posted as well. All Mac/Steam users should see a new version pushed your way.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
allfunandgames
Initiate

Post by allfunandgames »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:After all this time, looks like the Book II fix has been posted as well. All Mac/Steam users should see a new version pushed your way.
Yes! Thanks BW for continuing to support Mac gamers.
Zorro99
Pledge

Post by Zorro99 »

Yes, thank you so much BW! Book 2 is now working on my Mac. :) Seems that I have to start over as all of my saved games have magically disappeared, but that's OK. I can play Book 2 now!

Thank you for your service to the Mac community!
MattM
Initiate

Post by MattM »

Working here and stored games all intact!

Crashed after I blasted the head Lorewitch with the Plasma Rod, but that may have been an existing bug (just a test - never tried it before).