Crash with OS X Lion

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Mr. Bloodaxe
Initiate

Re: Crash with OS X Lion

Post by Mr. Bloodaxe »

I appreciate the prompt reply.

It's much less painful to wait when I know that a solution is being worked on.

I can live with another week (or more) if need be.
Zorro99
Pledge

Post by Zorro99 »

Thanks for the update, and thanks for all you do!

:D :D
Chod
Initiate

Post by Chod »

Mr. Bloodaxe wrote:I appreciate the prompt reply.

It's much less painful to wait when I know that a solution is being worked on.

I can live with another week (or more) if need be.
Agree. Thanks!
allfunandgames
Initiate

Post by allfunandgames »

Thought I couldn't live without Book 1 for a couple of weeks, but it turns out I could!

Thanks again for the work you are doing and for keeping us, your loyal customers, updated.
PaddyMick
Pledge

Post by PaddyMick »

I agree, its great to see your quick replies, its great to see your team is on the problem

Thanks very much!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Everyone- we are still waiting on Steam. We've given them the updates, and they loaded the wrong versions into the beta account. I really have no idea how they messed this up. Repeated emails to them to correct this have not been answered.

As soon as Steam gets the proper version up for us to test, we'll let you know.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Chod
Initiate

Post by Chod »

Thanks for the update.

Steam seems to have very limited technical support. Or at least on the consumer end... hopefully they have a better team devoted to the developers.

It took over a week to reply to my initial request regarding Eschalon being broken. Even then, they replied with the standard "delete cached files, redownload and try again" jargon.
Mr. Bloodaxe
Initiate

Post by Mr. Bloodaxe »

Yeah I'm fairly new to Steam myself. So far not impressed with their service level either.

I must say the most stable games I've downloaded have been off the official App Store. If I'd know about Steam's problems with pushing out fixes I'd have gladly payed more for the games since I would assume (maybe incorrectly) that Apple would be a little more attentive to apps needing fixes on their official App Store.

In other words: when Eschalon III comes out - I'll probably pick it up on the App Store.
Chod
Initiate

Post by Chod »

Any news?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Chod wrote:Any news?
The only news I have is that I have no news. We've supplied Steam with a fix, but now this fixed version is generating really odd errors when we test it. It is ONLY bugging out when launched from Steam; launching the game from the original .app works fine.

I have sent THREE emails to Steam in the past two weeks, asking them to look into these errors, but I get no response from them.

Eventually, if Steam can't or won't find a fix, we'll just need to remove the Mac version from Steam and suggest that people buy the game through us or the Mac App store.
DigitalOz
Pledge

Post by DigitalOz »

I appreciate that you are having difficulty getting this resolved with Steam and it may make sense for you to pull it from their store. However, I paid for a copy of Eschalon II and it does not work. Will you send me a serial number to the downloadable game so that I can at least play it since I paid for it already? I am happy to send you whatever documentation I need to in order to prove I've already bought the game.

Thanks,
DigitalOz
Mr. Bloodaxe
Initiate

Post by Mr. Bloodaxe »

I agree with the previous post. I also purchased both games from Steam.

If they can't fix the problem I still want to play the games that I have purchased.

Can I get a code that will allow me to download these from the official Mac App Store?
MattM
Initiate

Post by MattM »

Just thinking out loud here, but I would think we would have to ask Steam for a refund, rather than expecting Basalisk to fund the replacement.

Just not sure how successful that would be given their poor response history...
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

MattM wrote:Just not sure how successful that would be given their poor response history...
This summer we got behind on email a few times and had trouble catching up. We get a dozen-or-so emails a day, and when we are out of the office for a few days (vacation, long weekend, etc.) it can be challenging to catch up with it all. We're a small developer and we do not have a dedicated customer service person.

As for the other requests, yes, if we withdraw the Mac version from Steam we will attempt to replace all Steam customer's games with new working copies. As you can imagine, this would be a technical nightmare, but we will do it.

However, before this happens, we are going to exhaust all efforts to get the Mac Steam version working. At this point I am more sure than ever that this is a Steam issue and not a Basilisk Games issue.
MattM
Initiate

Post by MattM »

Jedi_Learner wrote:I think MattM was talking about Steam with regards to poor response times, rather than Basilisk Games BasiliskWrangler. :P
Exactly! No complaints for Basilisk, nothing but complaints for Steam.

IMO, Steam was a great thing for the Mac in the days before the Mac App store. Now that the App Store is available for distribution, we no longer need Steam.