random mouse pointer jerks in demo

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book I
fwiffo
Pledge

random mouse pointer jerks in demo

Post by fwiffo »

hullo,

the mouse pointer hangs at random times during gameplay while the animations are still running at normal speed. this behaviour occurs about every 30 seconds to 5 minutes and the pointer seems to blit after every change which doesn't seem to be detected correctly. to recap: x11 cursor position != sprite cursor position

is there a possibility to disable the sprite cursor? because i think that might work around that problem for now even if it might look ugly for the movement arrows =)

hardware/system details:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz
Graphics card: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

It's on debian gnu/linux with X.Org X Server 1.4.2 and kernel 2.6.25/amd64 (and 64bit userland, too).

besides, the screen is flickering from time to time, too. which may be related to the mouse pointer bug because it occurs while the pointer is bucking?

but besides of that it seems to be a great game, will check again after the problem is resolved =) and it might happen that i'll buy it ;-)

thanks in advance and wish you a nice day!

a!

PS: please correct your cookie domain of your forum, according to RFC2109 it has to start with a dot, so it has to be ".basiliskgames.com" and not "basiliskgames.com".