status after waking up is buggy

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book I
zarvok
Initiate

status after waking up is buggy

Post by zarvok »

Not sure if this bug has been reported before, I couldn't find it by searching. Also not sure if it's linux specific or occurs in all versions. Doesn't seem like the type of thing that would depend on the OS, but I imagine it would have been reported already if it happened for everyone, and I couldn't find a thread.

There are two things which are not quite right after one is woken from resting by an enemy encounter. First - if the character was previously covered by darkness, making it hard for enemies to hit, he still is, even if it is now daytime. The character remains hard to hit as long as he don't move, so remaining in the same spot and letting the enemies approach yields a small unfair advantage. Second - on the first round after waking, it is possible to cast a spell even if the character is carrying too much in his hands. It's only possible to cast once - after that the normal weight restriction works again. I'm not sure if moving/adjusting equipment/letting rounds pass also fixes this.

Anyway, neither of these things are big problems, but I figure I'd make sure they are reported so you can fix them for book 2.
Paradroid
Pledge

Re: status after waking up is buggy

Post by Paradroid »

I can't imagine that's OS-specific.
zarvok
Initiate

Re: status after waking up is buggy

Post by zarvok »

Paradroid wrote:I can't imagine that's OS-specific.
Yeah, I agree, but it also seems strange that I can't find any other bug report on it. Anyway, this subforum seems as good a place to report it as any, since I do have the linux version.