Widescreen problems

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book I
ikopol
Pledge

Widescreen problems

Post by ikopol »

Hi!
I just bought Eschalon Book I yesterday and I am having some problems with widescreen support. I am using Ubuntu 10.04.
Windowed mode is no problem, but because I have a large display (22'' Widescreen, 1680*1050 native resolution) the window is very, very small, so I wanted to play fullscreen.

I started nvidia-settings (with gksudo from terminal) and tried "Aspect Ratio Scaled", but the game is then cut on the right and bottom part - there is a part of the view missing. I tried "Centered" and all I got was a black display and I had to reboot. It didn't matter if I turned on "Force Full GPU Scaling" or not.
I just want to play the game fullscreen not stretched, but I don't understand why it doesn't work.
There's also the problem, even if I turn on "Stretched", there is missing some part at the bottom of the game!

Anyone has got a idea, what could work?
jackgouber
Initiate

Re: Widescreen problems

Post by jackgouber »

Try having your monitor auto adjust after starting the game, not at the main screen but actually in the game, I had the same problem as you and on another thread someone suggested this and it worked for me.