Game crashes at level 13

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book I
fentonhead71
Pledge

Game crashes at level 13

Post by fentonhead71 »

The game crashes at the end of level 12 where I'm suppose to level up. I've reinstalled, adding my saved game to the new installation. It doesn't crash on any new characters or earlier levels, though. I was about to buy the game, and am wondering if there is maybe a limit on the demo of how high a player can go before purchasing, or if it's a system bug?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
fentonhead71
Pledge

Re: Game crashes at level 13

Post by fentonhead71 »

Holy no support, batman! Glad I didn't spend money. Good bye!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Game crashes at level 13

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

fentonhead71 wrote:The game crashes at the end of level 12 where I'm suppose to level up. I've reinstalled, adding my saved game to the new installation. It doesn't crash on any new characters or earlier levels, though. I was about to buy the game, and am wondering if there is maybe a limit on the demo of how high a player can go before purchasing, or if it's a system bug?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Very sorry. Yes, Book I will crash at a certain point in the demo after you gain too high of level. This limitation would have likely be found with a quick search; I remember discussing it waaaay back.

However, since you will not be back to read this, hopefully this thread will be of help to others.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.