Bug? Charma will not respond to quest.

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
ShaggyMoose
Initiate

Bug? Charma will not respond to quest.

Post by ShaggyMoose »

I accepted the quest from Erubor to seek the assitance of the mages at Lorewitch Tower. However, Charma doesn't have any appropriate converation branch. Probably this is because I have visited the tower before on my random wanderings. Anything I can do about this?
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Bug? Charma will not respond to quest.

Post by KillingMoon »

I don't believe anybody has had this problem before.
Having visited Lorewitch before shouldn't make any difference, it's normal to have done that before returning with the Crux.
I'm assuming that you have got the quest to ask for assistance in your book, and that you can ask the question, but that Charma doesn't respond? I have no clue what can cause that. :?

You could try deleting the corresponding map - the one with Lorewitch on it - from your saved game slot, than that map will refresh, and be as you first arrived there, with monsters, loot and everything. Normally you only do that when something got messed up though, to return to the original state, and from your post I'm not seeing what you've messed up.

Second option is to ignore Lorewitch and move straight on to Picaroon. If I may post a spoiler about what would happen if Charma answers; she's not sending a party with you anyway. But she will be sympathetic towards you and give you a powerful magic weapon to use. However, this weapon is not a must have. In my own play-through I forgot all about it so I never used it. Lorewitch doesn't come back in the story.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Do you have the trophy cup in your inventory, or did you leave it somewhere else?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
ShaggyMoose
Initiate

Post by ShaggyMoose »

Thanks for the quick replies. I found what I did wrong...

Looks like I must have reloaded at some stage after talking to Erubor, but had only saved after getting the hint from Korren, not the actual quest. Going back to the Guild I could receive the quest again from Erubor. That should get me back on track. Cheers.
fire_lizard
Pledge

Post by fire_lizard »

Same problem just happen to me - have quest active and silver trophy is in my inventory.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

It is worth talking to Charma to get her special weapon. It is my "go to" for getting out of Fathamurk, which would be awfully difficult otherwise.