Anyone ever notice the car horns in the background sounds of birds?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Cairn
Initiate

Anyone ever notice the car horns in the background sounds of birds?

Post by Cairn »

It's the funniest thing. My character is off in the middle of nowhere, hears all these birds chirping, and then car horns in the distance. I guess we know how they got the birds chirping audio clips
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Anyone ever notice the car horns in the background sounds of birds?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Haha, I've never heard that! Many of the sound effects came from Sound Effect CD collections. There are only a handful that I recorded myself. The birds definitely came from the sound effect collection, because I was living in downtown Indianapolis during that development and there was nowhere I could have recorded isolated birds from there.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Cairn
Initiate

Post by Cairn »

It's the birds chirping audio clip that plays near Everdale. I think it's the same audio clip we hear near the Farrock mountain range. That's where my character was standing when it dawned on me that the car horns could be heard while the birds were chirping.
Cairn
Initiate

Post by Cairn »

So, you're one of the people who made this game. Good job. It's not bad at all. It plays like a commercial-quality game, not at all like one might expect from something a few people worked on in their spare time.