character editor for mac

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Solberg
Initiate

character editor for mac

Post by Solberg »

hi guys i kind of messed up, i have 10 light armor, and i need some pick lock skills, thought i could use and editor.
I found this one for mac
http://apocalyptech.com/eschalon/

but installing is not very easy and i'm getting errors, and there is no support for mac lol.
Is there any other one out there?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: character editor for mac

Post by SpottedShroom »

That's the only editor for Book II and III. It's true there is no current Mac app build, because making them is a royal pain and they have to be updated frequently for compatibility with new version of MacOS. However, it shouldn't be too difficult to run it from the command line. Have you tried the instructions under "INSTALLATION, OS X" in the README.txt file?
Solberg
Initiate

Post by Solberg »

yeah i tried the terminal command thing, but it gives me errors and i dont know how to complete step 3 which it is:
Go to the directory where you put the program source, and run the editor of your choice like any other command line application.
$ ./eschalon_b3_map.py
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Do you know basic UNIX command line? You use "cd" to change directories, and you can type a little bit and then hit tab to auto-complete. If you post some screenshots of what you're doing and where you've put the unpacked program code, then I'll try to help more.