A cry in the woods about Book II

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
chamr
Fellowcraft Apprentice

A cry in the woods about Book II

Post by chamr »

Finished the game a few weeks back. Thanks for such an enjoyable experience. Loved it. I'm a serial game abandonner, often getting less than half-way through a game before getting bored with it and moving on to the next bright and shiny one. In fact, I haven't finished an RPG in probably one or two years up until now, so that should tell you how much I liked it.

Now, on to my plea. Please, please, PLEASE don't make Book 2 too much bigger. Bigger is not always better. One of the key reasons I did not abandon Book 1 was becuase it managed to stay fresh with new experiences and treats throughout the game. If you make Book 2 too big, it will get bogged down and lose its sense of discovery like so many other games do. I thought the pacing and size of Book 1 were perfect. I can understand wanting to make Book 2 bigger, but I hope it's more in the gameplay sense than sheer size and length.
mkreku
Apprentice

Post by mkreku »

Hmm. I see your point. But I happen to be in the camp that LOVE long and arduous games.

One solution to a "problem" like this (more a dilemma) is to make the main quest the same length and scope as in Book I, but include lots and lots of more or less relevant side quests and maps for us who just love to play a game at our own pace and explore every nook and cranny of every game.

The game could both increase massively in size AND keep the length of the main quest intact :)
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

Post by silverkitty »

you do realize that you're basically asking him to take another year before release, right? :)
mkreku
Apprentice

Post by mkreku »

silverkitty wrote:you do realize that you're basically asking him to take another year before release, right? :)
Actually, I'm asking him to either get help coding content creation tools or take the time to code robust content creation tools himself or get outside help in scripting quests, writing dialogue and adding detail to his game world :)
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

And increase the cost of the games, of course...