Book II Questions Thread

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
serenetempest
Apprentice

Re: Book II Questions Thread

Post by serenetempest »

In book I, it seemed like chosing which weapon type to train in was almost trivial - the only in-game consequence I could discern was some weapon groups have unique/higher level weapons avaliable earlier in the game than others. In Book II, will there be any more distinction between the different weapon types.
VPeric
Steward

Post by VPeric »

Ooh, ooh, I've got a question: What exciting new things are you so busy with that we don't get a question answered for almost three weeks? ;)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

VPeric wrote:Ooh, ooh, I've got a question: What exciting new things are you so busy with that we don't get a question answered for almost three weeks? ;)
Alright, I'll get an answer written up this weekend. Honestly, we've just been really busy working on updated rules, GUI changes, and tons of support questions. The weekend kinda comes and goes so quickly, and I just forget to write-up a new answer. :oops: I'll try to be more regular about it!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
VPeric wrote:Ooh, ooh, I've got a question: What exciting new things are you so busy with that we don't get a question answered for almost three weeks? ;)
Alright, I'll get an answer written up this weekend. Honestly, we've just been really busy working on updated rules, GUI changes, and tons of support questions. The weekend kinda comes and goes so quickly, and I just forget to write-up a new answer. :oops: I'll try to be more regular about it!
Offers BW AnswerLax, to keep you more regular with your answers. :mrgreen:
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Having recently gotten to the point in Diablo II where I´ve started obtaining rare items that belong to sets as described by Rune... I now know what he´s talking about... and feel a little embarrassed now for my ignorance.

I´m not sure what my exact feeling on this is.... It might be a good idea, but if it´s a feature that has been copied/repeated in a number of very popular games (Diablo's the only very popular game I've played, lately), particularly the online ones... then I might prefer Basilisk avoid it. Better to come up with new ideas rather than copy other games.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Will we visit Thaermore at all in Book II?

I know the "blurb" for Book II says "Thaermore has fallen." But I'm hoping we at least get to visit the area again (if not in Book II, then at least in Book III). I think I'll be sad if we never get to see Thaermore again... ;)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Jedi_Learner wrote:In-game gamma adjuster is in, what about in-game mouse adjuster?
I'm not sure what you mean by "in-game mouse adjuster". Please explain.

Also, no question was answered this weekend because my wife just had a baby. :D We'll be back on track for the first Monstrous October special next week.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Hey, congratulations! What have the proud mommy and daddy produced? A fighter or a mage? :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Dragonlady wrote:Hey, congratulations! What have the proud mommy and daddy produced? A fighter or a mage? :lol:
She will probably be a Ranger/Alchemist hybrid actually. We have a cool baby shirt from Jinx.com that says "Level 1 Human" with stats like Strength 3, Intelligence 2, etc. Really awesome!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:Hey, congratulations! What have the proud mommy and daddy produced? A fighter or a mage? :lol:
She will probably be a Ranger/Alchemist hybrid actually. We have a cool baby shirt from Jinx.com that says "Level 1 Human" with stats like Strength 3, Intelligence 2, etc. Really awesome!
:lol: sounds like a great shirt, I think I'll go check it out, there are large number of gamers who have or are going to have a baby this year.
Nevermore
Marshall

Post by Nevermore »

Congratulations! :mrgreen:

One question:
We can import the old character from the Book I?
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Congratulations! A new edition to the family. You could start your own adventuring party!
History is written by the winners!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Nevermore wrote:Congratulations! :mrgreen:

One question:
We can import the old character from the Book I?
I don't recall seeing anything other than this posted Nov. 24, 2007 in the "Questions about Book II"

BW's answer:
Maybe
I didn't do a through search, you may want to. Shrug. :)
Samurai Drakon
Apprentice

Post by Samurai Drakon »

QUESTION!
Will you get to meet the crusaders mentioned but never seen (as they are off to pointlessly search for the gnome-like Orakur) named the Commonwealth Guards and possibly fight alongside them?

QUESTION 2!
Will the Orakur play a bigger part in part 2? Will you meet one? Do they exist? At the very least, will we get details of them?
My swords may be sharp, but so are my wits. I will first draw them and many think I never draw my blades; they are mistaken. It is because none have ever seen them ALIVE... because of my firey breath of course -The legendary Dragon Samurai
Thief
Initiate

Post by Thief »

Will there be any NPC's providing training for the core rogue skills in Book II?

This was completely lacking in Book I, which gimped attempts to make a decent true rogue character.

Thanks!