Continuing On From Book I...

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Corlain
Apprentice

Continuing On From Book I...

Post by Corlain »

For people that played and completed Book I will we be able to start Book II with the same equipment/skills/levels from Book I or do we have to start from scratch again?
Sslaxx
Council Member

Re: Continuing On From Book I...

Post by Sslaxx »

As in, import our characters? I liked that feature in Bard's Tale II->III, and found it of use for Wizardry 7->8, so I for another would like to see something like this in Eschalon Book II (or maybe III if it cannot be easily achieved for II).
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BW answered this somewhere. No, we won't be importing our characters from Book I, as it would be too difficult for the designers to balance the game properly considering that some players will come in with uber-characters, and others with guys who snuck their way through.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Im actually glad characters are starting over from level 1 again. My favorite part of a game is building up a character from the beginning, so I have never been a fan of the games that let you continue and play at high levels. They feel more like expansions than stand alone games.

I guess they could allow you to import your character and reset all your stats and level back to level 1, but then again not much point to that really.

Some of the all time great RPG's made you start over from level 1 with each new game in the series but still were able to continue imrproving on the game world. Ultima, Might and Magic are a couple of examples.