A pretty nifty idea for Book II.

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
tiresius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: A pretty nifty idea for Book II.

Post by tiresius »

They've already talked about this, I think. The editors used for Book1 are not user friendly and very specific to their needs. Book2 would refine the engine and possibly the editor, and Book3 would contain a full blown editor with lots of possibilities to Mod the game. At least that's what I believe was said in one of these threads...
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

tiresius wrote:They've already talked about this, I think. The editors used for Book1 are not user friendly and very specific to their needs. Book2 would refine the engine and possibly the editor, and Book3 would contain a full blown editor with lots of possibilities to Mod the game. At least that's what I believe was said in one of these threads...
This is pretty much correct. Not now, in the works, Book: III. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

It would have been nice to have an editor for Book I and Book II. Book I was Basilisk game's first effort. The editor they have is good for their personal needs, it is not in any shape to be released to the public. There is no documentation for the editor. You cannot release an editor without good documentation, otherwise you will need a full time person to answer questions about the editor. BW put his effort into getting Book I out the door. Any company needs sales to survive, a small company especially. But, if BW and team keep making excellent games and we keep buying them, we may get to see that editor by Book III.
History is written by the winners!
Mongolian
Marshall

Post by Mongolian »

It is a decent idea, although there are tuns of better ideas to think about more that could ring in more downloads/purchases.

Having a story mode & challenge mode in the beggining could do that. Challenge mode is seperate from beggining mode and it would work like levels of dungeons that need to be completed to advance. The rest of the details are left open on purpose.