Development Update for April

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Development Update for April

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Sounds more like a Book II side quest, searching to find the true coffee bush to wake the creator. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
johnm
Initiate

Post by johnm »

Well I've just started my 9th time through,last time ended up with 52,000 gold ! Can't wait till Book 2 !! Maybe now I'll try destroyer ending! Still seems to be the best game I've played in years !!
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Thanks for the update. Was thinking about poking thru email to see if everything was alright ;-)
(Still misising to see the Encyclopedia in french btw :wink: )

Take your time, we know we'll be glad for it, even if it means having to wait, and wait and wait...
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Basilisk, hope development process is doing well but.....am I going to get an arctic region screenshot? :D
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Saxon1974 wrote:Basilisk, hope development process is doing well but.....am I going to get an arctic region screenshot? :D
Yes. I am a bit of a perfectionist and I wasn't happy with the first batch of tiles & sprites for the arctic region, so I chose to not release any of those screenshots. I think we are scheduled in May to begin re-rendering those graphics, so hopefully soon after that I can post a couple new screenshots.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Saxon1974 wrote:Basilisk, hope development process is doing well but.....am I going to get an arctic region screenshot? :D
Yes. I am a bit of a perfectionist and I wasn't happy with the first batch of tiles & sprites for the arctic region, so I chose to not release any of those screenshots. I think we are scheduled in May to begin re-rendering those graphics, so hopefully soon after that I can post a couple new screenshots.
Cool thanks for the update. Im glad to hear your working to make them better anway, will make for a better game. I like forward to how they turn out!
mushpuppy
Initiate

Post by mushpuppy »

There aren't many games I'm excited about ordering, but this is one!
johnm
Initiate

Post by johnm »

When will we be able to pre-order?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: Yes. I am a bit of a perfectionist and I wasn't happy with the first batch of tiles & sprites for the arctic region, so I chose to not release any of those screenshots. I think we are scheduled in May to begin re-rendering those graphics, so hopefully soon after that I can post a couple new screenshots.
So how far back does this push the Spring beta testing? Any idea on a new release date for the game?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Randomizer wrote:So how far back does this push the Spring beta testing? Any idea on a new release date for the game?
The big "push back" was never about graphics- it's always been engine related. The implementation of rules and challenges, food/water, weapon and item wear and much more has taken longer than we thought it would (seems like it always does! :) ). We also have bigger dungeons, a huge city and several smaller villages to populate...it's just a big game we're working on. :D

We are doing a lot of alpha testing right now- uncovering things like exploits in the updated character editor and oddities with targeting and such. Meanwhile maps and dialog continue to grow daily. Beta testing can't begin until we have a coherent start-to-finish game, which is still a few months away.

We are looking at a release date sometime this fall, possibly even Q4. I know, it sucks to wait and wait. But rest assured we are here working very hard, the game gets a new build almost daily, and we have talented boys and girls testing various alphas of the game almost constantly.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Thanks for the update.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Randomizer wrote:So how far back does this push the Spring beta testing? Any idea on a new release date for the game?
The big "push back" was never about graphics- it's always been engine related. The implementation of rules and challenges, food/water, weapon and item wear and much more has taken longer than we thought it would (seems like it always does! :) ). We also have bigger dungeons, a huge city and several smaller villages to populate...it's just a big game we're working on. :D

We are doing a lot of alpha testing right now- uncovering things like exploits in the updated character editor and oddities with targeting and such. Meanwhile maps and dialog continue to grow daily. Beta testing can't begin until we have a coherent start-to-finish game, which is still a few months away.

We are looking at a release date sometime this fall, possibly even Q4. I know, it sucks to wait and wait. But rest assured we are here working very hard, the game gets a new build almost daily, and we have talented boys and girls testing various alphas of the game almost constantly.
One huge city and several small villages...Ok now Im excited.

The huge city will not be in thaermore right? I think I read this game will not be in Thaermore.

Obviously it sucks to have to wait longer but Im ok with that knowing the longer you work on it the better the game will be.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Saxon1974 wrote:The huge city will not be in thaermore right? I think I read this game will not be in Thaermore.
Nope. It's Port Kuudad, in Mistfell.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Port Kuudad.... lovely name... Does that implies we will be able to do some water travel ? Should we take care of a big serpent-like being in some mist around here ?
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Nope. It's Port Kuudad, in Mistfell.
Alright! A port town! I smell *pirates... or at least salty drunken sailors... well at least salty.

Unless it's a freshwater port town, but that seems unlikely.

*It's not really that pleasant an odor.