Animals

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Animals

Post by Dragonlady »

Evnissyen wrote: In NWN, call me crazy, but: I sort of liked it when, at one point, deer started attacking me. It was interesting. I mean . . . deer just don't attack people. Or elves. Ever.
Yes, deer attack people. Especially during the rut. Normally they don't but when those hormones get going... :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

Dragonlady wrote:
Evnissyen wrote: In NWN, call me crazy, but: I sort of liked it when, at one point, deer started attacking me. It was interesting. I mean . . . deer just don't attack people. Or elves. Ever.
Yes, deer attack people. Especially during the rut. Normally they don't but when those hormones get going... :)
Ask Homer Simpson about it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

That is one thing NWN had over NWN2: wild animals wandering around.

Nowhere in NWN2 is there a deer just casually wandering around.

Unfortunately: I feel it's a little too late to ask BW to put deer into Eschalon.

...Maybe Book III...?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

There are deer...but they are vampire deer, and they are invisible, and you will never know they are there:)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Rune_74 wrote:There are deer...but they are vampire deer, and they are invisible, and you will never know they are there:)
...until it's too late!

Hmmm. Count Bambula.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

...Then I guess it's a good thing the shard in your character's belly acts as a Vampire Deer repellent, eh?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Kyote
Apprentice

Post by Kyote »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Hmmm. Count Bambula.

lmao this is great, Count Bambula...
Kyote
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Getting this one back on topic, it does appear that there's at least some of the "wild animals" being requested by King_ov_Death and some others - at the least, those snow wolves would seem to qualify.

I do agree that having some animals that wouldn't attack you, a la Avernum 6, would be a cool thing. (I think I'll add some concept of a "Nature Lore" or "Animal Training" Skill to my Book III wishlist...)

Also, it seems like the new spell, Summon Beast, will pretty much allow one to keep a "pet" around. I'm guessing that each level of Summon Beast will summon a different kind of "beast", and I'm hoping that one of the levels will summon something like a wolf - then you could just summon a wolf every so often, and keep him around as a pet! :)
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

IJBall wrote:I do agree that having some animals that wouldn't attack you, a la Avernum 6, would be a cool thing. (I think I'll add some concept of a "Nature Lore" or "Animal Training" Skill to my Book III wishlist...)
It would be a nice idea for Book III. Also, there could also be a spell with the same effect.

The higher your skill is (or the higher the level you cast it at), the more chance you have of "adopting" the animal. The chance decreases with larger/wilder animals.

The animal will walk with you and fight anyone who attacks you.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Personally, I think I'd prefer having found-pets rather than summoned familiars . . . so long as they're not too difficult to train (some effort at training would probably be a good requirement, methinks). In Planescape I'm still trying to train my Lim-Lim, and I'm starting to get the impression that it's untrainable, despite the curious talent I've seen displayed by another certain Lim-Lim.

No matter, I'll still keep trying.

Nice Lim-Lim.

...Now if only I could train Annah to be more like a Lim-Lim.

Sorry about going off topic again. Can't seem to help it.