So any question that I feel has been answered in those two places won't show up here.
In that vein, see also the following interviews with BW about Book II:
RPGWatch (7/7/08): http://www.rpgwatch.com//show/article?a ... f=0&id=328
RPGVault Peek #1 (1/13/09): http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/944/944387p1.html
RPGVault Peek #2 (2/10/09): http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/952/952707p1.html
Colony of Gamers (2/23/09): http://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums ... php?t=6100
Without further ado, here are some of the Book II questions that BW hasn't tackled yet, listed by author. First, here are some of the questions that have been answered elsewhere:
- Since there will be weather effects that affect equipment skills and stats, will the weather also affect the actual equipment? Will the wind help or hinder the flight of my arrow?
- Sorry if this was already asked, but, will there be a storage type system in Book II?
- Not Answered explicitly, but it appears from screenshots (e.g.: see this older Book II screenshot at Jedi_Lerner's site) that you may start Book II with a house/cabin that has more than one chest/storage place...
- Before you released Book I, you said that dual-wielding was planned for Book II. Is this still the case, and if so will you be doing anything to prevent it from being too powerful?
- Not fully answered, but see this about Piercing Weapons (and Thrown Weapons)...
- Not explicitly Answered, but I'm guessing the answer is "No"...
- You mentioned three major regions for Book II, a temperate region, arctic region, and a volcanic region. About how large are these regions in comparison to the familiar Thaermore? In adddition, about how long can we expect this game to be? (ballpark estimate if necessary)
- Not explicitly Answered, though it may be by the 'World Map'...
- Is there a chance Executioner and Skullsmasher could be in Book II?
- Not Answered, but I think you can guess there will be some weapons that will be quite equivalent to this...
- Will we have the option to set up keyboard equivalents (e.g. the up/down/left/right arrows) for moves in Book II?
- Answered in New Features of Book II thread
- Not Answered, but I think the answer may be "No"
- Answered: See this screenshot from Book II
- Is possible for there to be random placement of items within a single map in either Book I or Book II?
- Is possible for there to be random placement of items *among multiple* maps in either Book I or Book II?
- Is it possible to make certain items attract or repel certain creatures?
- Is it possible to create monsters or NPCs that can take (steal) objects in either Book I or Book II?
- Answered: Here.
- Will you get to meet the crusaders mentioned but never seen (as they are off to pointlessly search for the gnome-like Orakur) named the Commonwealth Guards and possibly fight alongside them?
- Not explicitly Answered, but as we're not going back to Thaermore...
And here is the list of (some of) the Book II questions that haven't been answered anywhere yet, as far as I can tell:
- Will the cold make my armor and weapons more brittle, therefore easier to break?
- If I am in a forest and use demon oil will the wind help fan the flames?
Will the fire burn longer and cover more ground because of all the combustible material?
- Are we going to see teirs as in different levels to each skill? Like if we have two skills at certain level will a new skill become available to the character?
- Will any characters from Book I return for Book II? Chancellor Malcolm? Abygale? Vekkar? Father Michael?
- A very good question, IMHO!!
- I think the soundtrack for Book I is really good, but it would of been nice to have more than one combat track, especially during special events, like outside the Goblin Citadel or the fight with Gramuk. What are your plans for the combat tracks in Book II?
- Not Answered (but see Book II music thread)...
- is it possable Book II could have a guide to explain what weapons do and other things? Or perhaps a NPC that could explain the differences?
- In book I, it seemed like chosing which weapon type to train in was almost trivial - the only in-game consequence I could discern was some weapon groups have unique/higher level weapons avaliable earlier in the game than others. In Book II, will there be any more distinction between the different weapon types.
- ...Will there be a trainers for armor (and/or shield) skills in Book II?
- Also, will there be (lots) more non-merchant NPCs in Book II?
- Will there be an "Undo Last Move" option?
- I'd very much like an answer to this one...
- NEW/ADDED: Have the Attribute bonuses based on Origin been reworked for Book II?
- Will there be any NPC's providing training for the core rogue skills in Book II?
- My question is this: Will the classes have any real differentiations between them? In book 1, it was 3 skill points; and a single skill. Had the classes been removed entirely, there would have been no discernible difference other than the titles.
- However, as we were able to imbue items in Book 1, but were not able to imbue with abilities I am wondering if that is something that would be/has been added to Book 2. What I mean is you can find items with +2 to move silent, +2 to pick locks....etc, but we couldn't create those stat/skill modifiers when imbuing. I think this would be a great addition and give a person more thought in how they imbued their items.