Screenshot I must share....

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Screenshot I must share....

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

During a recent round of testing, a tester supplied this screenshot as a reference to a concern he had. Here's a great example of what you can do with movable powder kegs and locked doors. Yes, the caption he added is quite hilarious as well.
suspicious.JPG
suspicious.JPG (100.72 KiB) Viewed 8551 times
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Screenshot I must share....

Post by IJBall »

Nice... :shock:

I gotta wonder, though - Would those just blow apart the doors? Or would they take out the walls of the house too?! :twisted:
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

"These aren't the explosives you're looking for..."

This just proves to me (further) that I must play this game!

I'm curious though would exploding powder kegs alert the guards? Or would they mysteriously ignore such a disturbance to the peace/wanton destruction of property?

I'm pretty sure that in Book I they'd ignore it, but Book II?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Unclever title wrote:I'm curious though would exploding powder kegs alert the guards? Or would they mysteriously ignore such a disturbance to the peace/wanton destruction of property?

I'm pretty sure that in Book I they'd ignore it, but Book II?
That's what we're working on now- making sure these types of explosions in town will properly alert people to your criminal activity.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Lewis the Fighter Journal Entry # ???

Yesterday I was hauling some kegs of explosive powder through town, when I was stopped by a guard.

"What are you doing with those powder kegs?" He demanded.

"These?" I chuckled. "These aren't powder kegs... it's a new type of ale I'm working on... I'm calling it 'tres equis.' The three X's are the symbol for the brand I'm creating, pending the Commonwealth's approval."

The guards eyes lit up. "Well, do you need any help carrying those?"

"Sure," I replied. "Just keep the torches away from these babies. It's going to be some pretty potent suff."

The guard nodded, grinning like a little boy who just got recruited to help catch frogs. With his help, I was able to quickly place the six kegs, three in front of each door.

The guard frowned, suddenly suspicious. "Why are we putting these in front of the doors like this?"

"Oh, they're helping me with the brewing process. He's going to be adding some flavoring, and she's going to make sure the consistency is correct." I winked at him. "You don't expect me to break into their homes when they're not here just to drop off some supplies, do you?"

The poor fool laughed, finding that statement to be quite amusing.

"I'm going to go find something to cover these up so people won't come nosing around. Thanks for the help."

Once the guard had rounded the corner of a nearby building, I dropped down to the ground and rolled in the dirt. Then I tossed a torch over by the barrels and took cover.

The resulting explosion shredded the doors and heavily damaged the stone walls of the building. I ran back over to the scene and took up position on the ground nearby. When the guard came running back, I started to pick myself up off the ground.

"What the hell happened?" He asked hysterically.

I faked a bout of coughing. "I.. *cough* think a loose tile *cough* fell off the roof and knocked a torch onto the ground. Man, that stuff was a bit too concentrated. I'm going to have to tone the recipe down a bit." I brushed the dirt off myself. "I'm all right though. I'll go check on their stuff, and make sure everything's ok here. You go make the report, since you were here helping me out. That way they know for sure there wasn't any foul play. Don't worry, I'll get some more brewed up real soon, and I'll save a keg with your name on it."

The guard nodded, thinking that it was a great idea. He set off for the city hall, probably wondering how the ale would taste.

I then helped myself to the belongings of the two homeowners.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Great shot BW, thanks.

And CrazyBernie, your story made up on the spur of the moment made it (pic) even more enjoyable!
:lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I wouldn't worry about that guard. Just ask him to step over and watch these powder kegs for you, as you forgot your key...

That just really looks too cool for school.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Just make sure the guard is standing in the middle when you ignite one end of the line and watch the sympathetic detonations go down the line. :)
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I absolutely cannot wait - Book 2 looks so good!
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

Send the guard to see what's going on with that cracked section of wall, and blow the barrels when he's getting there! :twisted: :lol:

Thanks for the screen BW! Can you upload it to the main site?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

King_ov_Death wrote:Send the guard to see what's going on with that cracked section of wall, and blow the barrels when he's getting there! :twisted: :lol:

Thanks for the screen BW! Can you upload it to the main site?
I'm wondering if the character sprite shows when you're carrying the barrel, though. I'd love to see that shot, too.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
ChrisHallett
Initiate

Post by ChrisHallett »

So we can pick locks, blow stuff up with powder kegs, wield magic and weapos, yet we still can't just climb through a window?
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Medieval Windows are just too small to climb through.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Great screeshot and wonderful story CB.

long time for me... (powerful proxy at work prevent any game related website to display !!! anybody knows how to fake a proxy ?)

still how long to wait .....
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
WCG
Initiate

Post by WCG »

Speaking of screenshots, I like what I've seen,... except for the dark undergrounds. I know you've implemented gamma correction for this game (the only reason I didn't buy Book I), but it still worries me a bit. Hopefully, there's a LOT of gamma correction possible...

Yeah, I know that dark locations are realistic, but I'll go with fun over realism any day. And they're just not fun for me. Other people might feel differently, and that's perfectly fine. We all have different preferences. That's why I'm very pleased to hear about the gamma correction (and also about player-selectable options like food and weapon degradation).

I'm looking forward to the game.