Beta Test Application

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: Beta Test Application

Post by Evnissyen »

Correct.

But only the current testers get to have a say in the balancing, language and other tweaks. (At least I expect they'll have a say in such things.) Once it goes to Mac or Linux... it's all drudgery. ...Which is why, in the first place, I was only attracted to the PC testing.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

foxxtrot wrote:Just verifying: the current test is for the windows version only, and there will be a compatibility test for Linux/Mac later, correct?
Actually, I think at least one of the current Beta testers is a Mac person.

But I think BW's focus right now is primarily on the Window's version - if the original schedule is maintained, the Window's version will come out in late April, the Mac version would come 3 weeks later in mid-May (so, presumably, the intensive Mac beta would come towards late April/early May), and the Linux version would come 3 weeks after that (roughly early June?...).
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

IJBall wrote:
foxxtrot wrote:Just verifying: the current test is for the windows version only, and there will be a compatibility test for Linux/Mac later, correct?
Actually, I think at least one of the current Beta testers is a Mac person.

But I think BW's focus right now is primarily on the Window's version - if the original schedule is maintained, the Window's version will come out in late April, the Mac version would come 3 weeks later in mid-May (so, presumably, the intensive Mac beta would come towards late April/early May), and the Linux version would come 3 weeks after that (roughly early June?...).
We are actually testing Win and Mac together right now.

The release of the Mac version will still be staggered behind the Win version because of the time needed to prepare the Mac version for our distributors as well as the onslaught of support the Windows version will need in the first couple of weeks. In order to give everyone the highest quality of support, we have to stagger each release by three weeks. Or, if everyone is nice, maybe just two. ;)
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:We are actually testing Win and Mac together right now.
Are the testers getting along? Any sign of infighting?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Evnissyen wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:We are actually testing Win and Mac together right now.
Are the testers getting along? Any sign of infighting?
It's fire dart versus demon oil.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

This original subject has gone as far as it can go so I'm going to lock it to keep this place organized. Any further questions can be asked in a new topic.

Final comments: we're still testing and will likely bring in another 2-4 testers before release to help test the final version. Watch your inbox for an invitation.

April is likely to be quiet for us as we crunch towards the finish line. We have a lot of odds and ends to get in before we can send it out. I am not going to give a release date yet because I don't want to miss it, but we're still looking at end of April-ish / first of May-ish as a possibility.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.