Quick Poll - DVD or CD?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!

What do you prefer?

A DVD is fine! My computer can read DVDs.
100%
I don't have a DVD reader, I need a CD!
No votes

Total votes: 39

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Quick Poll - DVD or CD?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Saxon1974 wrote:Im assuming even if we buy from your directly it helps increase your sales to get book II on the popular download sites.

I used Direct2drive sometimes and they have book I on there so I will send them an email asking if they are going to have Book II.
Yes, buying it directly from us gives us the biggest piece of pie, but please don't let that stop any of you from emailing (or posting on their forum) that you want to see it on Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive, etc. These sites are hard for an indie to get on (look how long it took before they accepted Book 1) but it is the best way to gain exposure to new fans, and sales that we would never get otherwise.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Saxon1974 wrote:Im assuming even if we buy from your directly it helps increase your sales to get book II on the popular download sites.

I used Direct2drive sometimes and they have book I on there so I will send them an email asking if they are going to have Book II.
Yes, buying it directly from us gives us the biggest piece of pie, but please don't let that stop any of you from emailing (or posting on their forum) that you want to see it on Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive, etc. These sites are hard for an indie to get on (look how long it took before they accepted Book 1) but it is the best way to gain exposure to new fans, and sales that we would never get otherwise.
Ok email sent to Direct2Drive regarding availability of Book II. Will report back what they say.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Saxon1974 wrote:Ok email sent to Direct2Drive regarding availability of Book II. Will report back what they say.
Alright! You rock, Saxon1974.
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

A couple of questions. Since you're putting all three versions on the DVD, are you shipping the DVD after the May 26th release date for the Mac and Linux versions?

Also, is there a finite amount of DVD disks being produced? I'm asking because I'm going to be out of town on the 12th and won't be able to order the game until a week later. I'm actually going to be in your area attending my daughters graduation from SMU. YEA!!!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Dies a Lot wrote:A couple of questions. Since you're putting all three versions on the DVD, are you shipping the DVD after the May 26th release date for the Mac and Linux versions?

Also, is there a finite amount of DVD disks being produced? I'm asking because I'm going to be out of town on the 12th and won't be able to order the game until a week later. I'm actually going to be in your area attending my daughters graduation from SMU. YEA!!!
Correct. You can buy your DVD starting on the 12th, and you can get your Reg Code right away. But, the DVDs will not go to press until sometime around the 26th- add in 2 weeks for replication- another week to process and ship. It will be mid-June before most people start getting their DVDs.

We will carry a larger inventory of DVDs this time than we did with Book 1. Also, we can order in slightly lower quantities from the new replicator we are using- this means it will be easier to keep discs in stock because we don't have to purchase such large quantities every time.
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

Fantastic! Thanks for the info.