Game release plans

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Game release plans

Post by Saxon1974 »

Might be a bit of a dumb thread, but do you all have a game release ritual?

I usually fire up the game right away and then get a quick look at it and then print and read through the entire manual before I create my "real" character that Im going to use. Its nice to sit outside with a cup of coffee or a beer and read through a manual depending on the time of day I get started.

Since this game is releasing on a Wednesday night and my wife works Wednesday night and Thursday night its going to be a gaming bonanza for a couple of days.

Anyone else have a specific ritual when a game is released?
macdude22
Council Member

Re: Game release plans

Post by macdude22 »

Coffee, 2 pots. All night. Complain I'm tired the next day at work. Rinse and Repeat.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

I hear ya Macdude, I will probably be losing some sleep this week. Thank the lord for Coffee eh?
macdude22
Council Member

Post by macdude22 »

Luckly I'm off the hook until the 26th, though I have been playing a bit too much of FF IV: The After Years lately.

My blood is actually 40% coffee. If I don't get at least a pot a day, I go into murderragehulkmode. I'm like Elvis without the the downers......and less entertaining.
Hexhammer
Apprentice

Post by Hexhammer »

Not exactly, but i have a gut feeling this is going to be a start of a tradition samohow... hmm. I think i'll go to bank to pay my purchase asap, download asap and... Well, it's gonna be paying for few days straight. :D Maybe some beers, popcorn and ecshalon. I'll turn my cellphone on and lock myself out of reality for some time. :wink:
geishaboy
Marshall

Post by geishaboy »

I never bother to read manuals

What I typically do is fire up the game, have a play around for an hour or so as a play around, and then restart it and start playing it for real

Come to think of it, I have have no idea why I do this
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

My typical plan for when a game comes out is to wait a few week/months until the game is cheaper then consider getting it.

My fallback plan for new releases is to get them asap and then set myself down for several relatively consecutive hours of gameplay. I'm thinking this is the more likely outcome this time. I don't see my plan A succeeding in anyway shape or form. :wink:

And I am completely ready for Book II now that my finals are over (as of 25 minutes ago).

It's okay BW, you can stop stalling now! :mrgreen: I'm ready!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

What am I going to do? Well, take a long, long rest away from the computer and then work on getting my players going in the game I run on Rpol. :) See, I've been beta testing... :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Dragonlady wrote:What am I going to do? Well, take a long, long rest away from the computer and then work on getting my players going in the game I run on Rpol. :) See, I've been beta testing... :lol:
Hey! Don't you have a game of Din's Curse to get back to?! ;)

(As for me, I'm going to have a busy June, as I'm going to buy E:BII and the full version of Din's Curse in the next couple of weeks - I figure those two should get me through June and July, easy! :mrgreen: )
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

IJBall wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:What am I going to do? Well, take a long, long rest away from the computer and then work on getting my players going in the game I run on Rpol. :) See, I've been beta testing... :lol:
Hey! Don't you have a game of Din's Curse to get back to?! ;)

(As for me, I'm going to have a busy June, as I'm going to buy E:BII and the full version of Din's Curse in the next couple of weeks - I figure those two should get me through June and July, easy! :mrgreen: )
:lol: Yeah, but its not that urgent. My players are, they've been very patient with me. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Yeliu
Apprentice

Post by Yeliu »

I plan to pull all-nighters until I'm done. :)

And somehow figure out how to play in class during the day...