couple beginner questions

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: couple beginner questions

Post by Rune_74 »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:See, we're going to get BW to open up a Book III forum with a suggestions list before he even has all the platform versions of Book II out. ;-)

I think, however, this effect would be one of the side effects of choosing the optional deterioration and fixed random seeds settings at the start of the game, so those who want to play with the higher difficulty would have the effects, but the entire algorithm would be bypassed if you weren't playing on those settings.

Plus, I want to see Crazy Bernie add it to the adventures of Lewis the Fighter.
There already is a suggestion list in the beta test forum that us beta testers have made:)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Rune_74 wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:See, we're going to get BW to open up a Book III forum with a suggestions list before he even has all the platform versions of Book II out. ;-)

I think, however, this effect would be one of the side effects of choosing the optional deterioration and fixed random seeds settings at the start of the game, so those who want to play with the higher difficulty would have the effects, but the entire algorithm would be bypassed if you weren't playing on those settings.

There already is a suggestion list in the beta test forum that us beta testers have made:)
Well, aren't you special. :p ;)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Heh... go ahead and ask BW about a Book III suggestion list. :twisted:

I don't (intentionally) plan on including future features in Lewis's "exploits" ... they'll have to match up with the same timeframe ;)
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Sajen wrote:I worry I am taking too many skills and spreading myself too thin, is it better to only take a few skills and work on those or is it ok to take a wide range of skills. For example, I have taken repair and foraging and am level two, and I think next I might get lock picking.
I found in book two, that it's better to concentrate on my core skills first. I started off with a general purpose character but found that I had spread myself too thin. So I went back and focused on 3 skills (dodge, cleave, & Elemental) and added some Foraging once I had leveled them all up to 7.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.