True Thief vs Combat Thief Possible?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
lparkh
Initiate

True Thief vs Combat Thief Possible?

Post by lparkh »

Hi,
Was thinking of playing a thief..but as a thief. By that I mean focus on sneaking past threats, opening chests, and getting away. As opposed to killing everything (via backstabbing etc). However is it possible to gain enough experience this way (I know some is gained from picking locks) or in the end must one be a combat thief?
Thanks,
Lin
Lhoric
Senior Steward

Re: True Thief vs Combat Thief Possible?

Post by Lhoric »

You can gain much experience through quests/side quests if you prefer to keep the killing to a minimum. If you are looking for 'backstabing' gameplay, I recommend a Blighter (Nefarious Ranger). Good luck!

-->> Lhoric
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

It's possible, but not easy for the first play through. There are ways to avoid combat, but you need to know where items are and what to avoid to get to them.

Too many places have brightly lit spots that negate hide in shadows so you need invisibility.

You can get through the game as a true thief the way you mentioned but you will miss a third of the experience from combat and combat related quests.
lparkh
Initiate

Post by lparkh »

Thank you. Clear answers, which was what I was hoping for. Esp the 1/3 experience point. My fallback character may be a Musketeer (high hit and avoid being hit). i.e. like a fencer.