port kuudad sewer [spoiler]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: port kuudad sewer [spoiler]

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

pincaviglia86 wrote:
ZoeyJeanne wrote:Put lockpick, salt, candle, quill and ink, in that order.
I put lockpick, salt, candle, and pen and quil, and nothing happened? what gives??? :cry: :?: :cry:
Did you then pull the lever?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:You can't buy all your training, and then kill him?
While you're online there, buddy...can you tell me why the chest puzzle don't work in the port kuudad sewers. I put in the right items, and in the correct order, but I saw no stairs open up. What's wrong???
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
pincaviglia86 wrote:
ZoeyJeanne wrote:Put lockpick, salt, candle, quill and ink, in that order.
I put lockpick, salt, candle, and pen and quil, and nothing happened? what gives??? :cry: :?: :cry:
Did you then pull the lever?
Yes, sir...I certainly did. I tried it with the chests open, closed, went from 4 to 1, 1 to 4, etc. I also have talked to the wizard in the secret fraternity, or whatever it is, and he told me to hunt below port kuudad. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong? do the stairs open up somewhere else....away from the room with the chests?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

pincaviglia86 wrote: Yes, sir...I certainly did. I tried it with the chests open, closed, went from 4 to 1, 1 to 4, etc. I also have talked to the wizard in the secret fraternity, or whatever it is, and he told me to hunt below port kuudad. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong? do the stairs open up somewhere else....away from the room with the chests?
I don't know if it matters, but was it a single lock pick or a stack of them? It goes from left to right in that order, pick, salt, candle, quill, and the rectangle in the middle of the floor slides open to reveal the stairs.
---

pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by pincaviglia86 »

pincaviglia86 wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:You can't buy all your training, and then kill him?
While you're online there, buddy...can you tell me why the chest puzzle don't work in the port kuudad sewers. I put in the right items, and in the correct order, but I saw no stairs open up. What's wrong???
what triggers this stairway? Obviously, the wizard wouldn't have told me to look under port kuudad, if that wasn't where the assassin could be found.
I have tried every way of Sunday to put these things in, take the out, put them in again, etc. Maybe I am just stupid, but the boards on the floor obviously are covering up stairs.......I don't have a clue as to what I am doing wrong. Why are the answers to the items so obvious, and the lever does nothing? This is getting extremely frustrating. I mean, why put a puzzle in a game with so obvious an answer, and then make it a bitch to figure out why it doesn't work? In book one, you had a similar "put the right item in the chest" puzzle and there was no problem. Is it the 1.03 upgrade or what? :(
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
pincaviglia86 wrote: Yes, sir...I certainly did. I tried it with the chests open, closed, went from 4 to 1, 1 to 4, etc. I also have talked to the wizard in the secret fraternity, or whatever it is, and he told me to hunt below port kuudad. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong? do the stairs open up somewhere else....away from the room with the chests?
I don't know if it matters, but was it a single lock pick or a stack of them? It goes from left to right in that order, pick, salt, candle, quill, and the rectangle in the middle of the floor slides open to reveal the stairs.
I haven't tried using quantities greater than one on the items. I suppose I will try that next. If that doesn't work....then I don't know what the answer is. If this was a hard puzzle, I could somehow understand it, but spice of life....swimming in the seas???? come on....a six year old kid could figure out what to put in what chest.....for goodness sake! :!: :!: :?: :?:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

pincaviglia86 wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
I haven't tried using quantities greater than one on the items. I suppose I will try that next. If that doesn't work....then I don't know what the answer is. If this was a hard puzzle, I could somehow understand it, but spice of life....swimming in the seas???? come on....a six year old kid could figure out what to put in what chest.....for goodness sake! :!: :!: :?: :?:
All I can recommend at this point is that you zip and upload a copy of the save file with your character in that location and the items in the chest and hopefully BW can figure out why the stairs aren't opening for you (or he can open them, resave, and you can download and proceed from there).
---

mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

I somehow threw away all my candles because of weight requirements and I cannot find any more. There seem to be no candles after the first part of the game. Now, I am stuck and cannot find a candle. I have already thrown away the candles around Port Kuudad.

I look for candles in the shops, but cannot find any. Are there any candles later in the game?
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

There's only the one barrel in Port K by Captain Morgan where there's always a candle. Other than that, just keep checking the miscellaneous vendors every week. If you don't have the fixed random seed setting activated, you can quicksave before checking a vendor's inventory at the start of the week and if there's no candle, load and retry.
---

mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

Are you sure about this? I have never seen a vendor sell a candle. It looks like one of those items which you find like a mug, but never find in a vendors inventory.
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

I'm quite certain. Any of the inn keepers might have one, though the ones in Eastwillow and Everdale are most likely (they tend to have lower-level stuff). Also, if you don't have the random seed fixed and you didn't clear all of the barrels in the long-term storage in the well in Eastwillow, you might try rerolling there for a while.
---

sillek
Apprentice

Post by sillek »

Alright. So I made it to the guy at the end of the thieve's den. But I don't get any dialogue options from him except "go away".

I read that in order to be trained, I had to accept a quest about finding an assassin ? After looting Darus' body ? Um..I really don't remember the beginning of the game, but I don't recall ever picking up an arrow..but I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure that I did not deny a quest ???? What the heck is going on here ?? All I want to do is learn how to pick locks ): I'm tired of using 100arrows to destroy locked doors ):

Do certain character classes not get the quest option ?

Also..this is not the thread for it, but my Westwillow quest seems to be un-activate able as well. It never gives me the option to utter the words to the dam keeper. It worked the first time, but then I died and loaded from a save previous to getting the quest...and now I can't get it working.

So I have two non-existant quests ? ):

EDIT:

OK for some reason I had an old save that I saved immediately after the dialogue with Darus at the beginning of the game, but before looting his corpse. I see the looking glass, and I see a special arrow. I pick up the arrow, and no quest is given regarding an assassin ???
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

sillek wrote:Alright. So I made it to the guy at the end of the thieve's den. But I don't get any dialogue options from him except "go away".

I read that in order to be trained, I had to accept a quest about finding an assassin ? After looting Darus' body ? Um..I really don't remember the beginning of the game, but I don't recall ever picking up an arrow..but I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure that I did not deny a quest ???? What the heck is going on here ?? All I want to do is learn how to pick locks ): I'm tired of using 100arrows to destroy locked doors ):

Do certain character classes not get the quest option ?

Also..this is not the thread for it, but my Westwillow quest seems to be un-activate able as well. It never gives me the option to utter the words to the dam keeper. It worked the first time, but then I died and loaded from a save previous to getting the quest...and now I can't get it working.

So I have two non-existant quests ? ):

EDIT:

OK for some reason I had an old save that I saved immediately after the dialogue with Darus at the beginning of the game, but before looting his corpse. I see the looking glass, and I see a special arrow. I pick up the arrow, and no quest is given regarding an assassin ???
You may want to zip up that save slot and send it to BW. (info AT basiliskgames.com). You did not get a box that popped up and asked if you planned to look for Darus' killer? That's how you get the quest. You have to select that, yes, you will look for the killer.

And you only get the secret words after talking to Minus. Did you go back to him with that save to get the words, again?
---

sillek
Apprentice

Post by sillek »

Send the save slot after Darus death or my current character in Port Kuudad ?
Or both p;
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

sillek wrote:Send the save slot after Darus death or my current character in Port Kuudad ?
Or both p;
The Save after Darus' death, but before you've clicked on the body, would be my guess.

But I would double-check that clicking on Darus' body doesn't yield both the Looking Glass and Soulpiercer Arrow, and that grabbing the Soulpiercer doesn't bring up the small Options box that Kreador referred to...