no matter how much I explore... [spoilers]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

no matter how much I explore... [spoilers]

Post by silverkitty »

...no "treasure map in [s]Eastwillow[/s] Everdale".

[s]...no foraging trainer[/s]

...only 3 of 4 citizen writs found (one I found trying to find the foraging trainer, two I found in Broken Blade)

[s]...no quest giver for the petrified wood (although I'm only halfway to Edon, so maybe that quest is in my future)[/s]

...no way across to that chest on the little island on the south side of the map with the dragonel nest

(on the other hand, I do have four colored bells. they make a nice sound).

actually, come to think of it - you know what? I'm just kvetching. I'm sure I'll find these things eventually, or maybe in a future play through :)

edit: well many forms, just apparently not this one, support strike-through. so imagine the s.../s pairs as stricken out text :)
Last edited by silverkitty on May 16th, 2010, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: no matter how much I explore...

Post by Dragonlady »

silverkitty wrote:...no "treasure map in Eastwillow". I swear I've turned over every rock and tree stump and explored every nook and cranny - upstairs and downstairs and both sides of the river, and in "alternate lives" committed every theft.
That's because it's in another small town, not East Willow.
...no foraging trainer
Try checking out Wolfenwoods another time. He's well hidden and left only a bucket to point out the way.
...only 3 of 4 citizen writs found (one I found trying to find the foraging trainer, two I found in one city)
There is another, perhaps 2, in Broken Blade
...no quest giver for the petrified wood (although I'm only halfway to Edon, so maybe that quest is in my future)
Nope, when you find the Forage/Bow/Throwing trainer, you'll be given that quest.
...no way across to that chest on the little island on the south side of the map with the dragonel nest
There is a way, you have to come from another direction via a mt. tunnel route.
(on the other hand, I do have four colored bells. they make a nice sound).
I like them too. Much better than the injured/dying wolves. That sounds like someone beating up on an innocent dog! When you find the place to put the bells it will make a much better sound believe me. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

silverkitty wrote:...no "treasure map in Eastwillow". I swear I've turned over every rock and tree stump and explored every nook and cranny - upstairs and downstairs and both sides of the river, and in "alternate lives" committed every theft.
The treasure map is in Everdale.
...no foraging trainer
...no quest giver for the petrified wood (although I'm only halfway to Edon, so maybe that quest is in my future)
These are the same person.
...only 3 of 4 citizen writs found (one I found trying to find the foraging trainer, two I found in one city)
The last one is in another city
This is for a future quest, maybe if BW gets to it. He was talking about the other island chest to the east.
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

Post by silverkitty »

I was trying to be spoiler "light" in my post which is why I didn't say I found the 2 writs together in Broken Blade, just hinted at it since it's clearly the only city with 2 writs in it...

And before I saw these posts, I finally found the foraging/archery/throwing trainer, got a sweet bow (i.e. 1700 gold to my "true mage") for my petrified wood, too :)

And, yes, I've been all through the Farrock mines - even to both sides of the little river on the east side, and to the stairs I can't go down, and I put down the blacksmith of doom. I didn't find the citizen writs at all until long, long, long after I didn't need them to get into Port Kuudad... the chest I'm thinking of is much closer to Eastwillow than all that. I suspect Randomizer knows the one I mean.
Buckets
Council Member

Re: no matter how much I explore... [spoilers]

Post by Buckets »

silverkitty wrote:...only 3 of 4 citizen writs found (one I found trying to find the foraging trainer, two I found in Broken Blade)
I dropped one of them into oblivion long ago. Does that mean I have to start over? :cry: (Don't spoil it for me please. Just tell me if I can't finish the game now.)
Buckets
Council Member

Re: no matter how much I explore... [spoilers]

Post by Buckets »

Thanks. I guess I just got alarmed that silverkitty was looking for all 4 of them. :?