Collaborative marketing

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
yodabomb
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Collaborative marketing

Post by yodabomb »

Everyone upvote:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... itted=true

Should always post these links in the forums so they have any chance of surfacing on the various social news sites.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Collaborative marketing

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I am going to sticky this topic. Why? Because making games costs a lot of money. Everyone who was around for Book 1's first 12 months knows how often I said: "if Book 1 doesn't make enough money, Basilisk Games can't afford to make Book 2".

Well we made it, and Book 2 ended up costing about twice as much as Book 1 did to develop. So now we need sales, and that means we need everyone who wants to see the series continue to spread the word. Click it, Digg it, Tweet it, post it...whatever you can do to share the love.

Thank you.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

I bought two DVD's, and I'll tell everyone I know.
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
yodabomb
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by yodabomb »

I really expected to see this hit Reddit /r/games page ( which I read daily ). We need to get it up there! Love the game. Need to see more great stuff like this come out.
twodumb
Initiate

Post by twodumb »

Impulse Weekly Top 10
Monday, May 17, 2010
Sins of a Solar Empire and its expansions maintained their grip on the top spots in last week's sales. Here's the best-selling products on Impulse for the week of May 9th to May 15th:

Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity
Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy
Sins of a Solar Empire Expansion Bundle
Galactic Civilizations II - Ultimate Edition
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Eschalon Book II
Sins of a Solar Empire - Entrenchment
Tropico 3 - Absolute Power
Demigod
Numen: Contest of Heroes

Impulse users are at least helping
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I was totally going to rank the game up on Impulse, but they won't let you rate games you haven't purchased, it seems... =P
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by cal1s »

With over 10,000 unique visits daily and more than 250,000 page views monthly I think that Basilisk Games could benefit from our advertising.

If Basilisik Games is interested, let me know. If you can provide me with a 300x250 banner I am willing to ad it to our rotating ads on our frontpage.

I have already shared this project here on our facebook and twitter pages.

I will charge nothing for the free ad but perhaps Basilisk Games is interested in some kind of affiliate program.

I've created one of the biggest, if not the biggest Dragon Age fansite for the IP by BioWare/EA and the site actually is officially supported by BioWare/EA now.

Contact me and I am sure I can help promote this fantastic work.

Best
Ken
http://greywardens.com
Probably biggest Dragon Age fansite
-----------------------
Officially supported by BioWare/EA
Rocier
Initiate

Post by Rocier »

I told my friends about this game. Games like this survive on thier quality and word of mouth. And although this game is a bit buggy, it's beautiful. This guy I know pirated the first game, but loved it so much he payed for it and the second game as soon as he realized it was out. Gotta support games like this, or the gaming industry will just be a big bag o shitty FPS's.
Schaulustiger
Pledge

Post by Schaulustiger »

I tipped off the guys from Rock, Paper, Shotgun today and guess what? They featured it in a news post: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/05 ... n-book-ii/

As they are quite big (and indie-friendly), it should lead at least a few interested people over here.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Schaulustiger wrote:I tipped off the guys from Rock, Paper, Shotgun today and guess what? They featured it in a news post: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/05 ... n-book-ii/

As they are quite big (and indie-friendly), it should lead at least a few interested people over here.
Thanks a ton, Schaulustiger!! I always include them on Press Releases, but I don't think they've ever reported on us.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Schaulustiger
Pledge

Post by Schaulustiger »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Thanks a ton, Schaulustiger!! I always include them on Press Releases, but I don't think they've ever reported on us.
Thanks a ton to you for making such a great game! I'm just glad that I could help getting you some coverage. I sincerely hope that Book II pays your bills and provides the financial security you need to make Book III the game you plan it to be.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Funny that they thought it was "a book." hehe
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Out of curiosity, why did you use 'Book' in the title? I presume you just wanted to highlight the story aspects of the game, but maybe you had other reasons?
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

My son pointed out Jeff Vogel's blog about Book 2. Thought BW and the rest of you might like to have a look-see. Nicely said Jeff.

http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Gvaz
Initiate

Post by Gvaz »

I've been telling all my friends about it, as well as following them and re-tweeting stuff.

I kinda wish I was a reviewer, so that way people would look at my review and go buy it :)

Have you thought of putting the game on Amazon?