List of named weapons & their locations [Request]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: List of named weapons & their locations [Request]

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Slarty wrote:So Gloomwrought, for example, you can't add anything to?
Correct. If you try, it goes boom (I know because I tried).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

IJBall wrote:Anyway, I just wanted to point out that it's the only 'named weapon' in the list without its 'type' listed in the title/location. Just FYI...
It probably was a result of cutting and pasting information while I was still half asleep. If I can go the whole day without waking up I'd be thrilled.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Randomizer wrote:Hexedge - Cleaving weapon - Port Kuudad reward for Mage Surami's Exterminator quest
base damage 8, +2 damage, 5 pounds. 5000 gold
One other revision - Hexedge is +2 Damage, +2 Magick Damage.

Or, at least, that's the flavor mine came in when I first got it...
(...Before I added +1 ToHit imbuing! :twisted: )

(P.S. Anyone know the difference between "+2 Damage" and "+2 Magick Damage"? Is it that the former won't help you against ethereal creatures? If so, that puts a serious crimp into the desirability of 'imbuing' weapons with just the "regular" +x Damage type in Book II...)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

IJBall wrote:
Randomizer wrote:Hexedge - Cleaving weapon - Port Kuudad reward for Mage Surami's Exterminator quest
base damage 8, +2 damage, 5 pounds. 5000 gold
One other revision - Hexedge is +2 Damage, +2 Magick Damage.

Or, at least, that's the flavor mine came in when I first got it...
(...Before I added +1 ToHit imbuing! :twisted: )

(P.S. Anyone know the difference between "+2 Damage" and "+2 Magick Damage"? Is it that the former won't help you against ethereal creatures? If so, that puts a serious crimp into the desirability of 'imbuing' weapons with just the "regular" +x Damage type in Book II...)
The + Magick damage is a separate damage with a save vs. magick roll, but bypasses the natural physical resistance of many big strong enemies.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Sometimes in combat you will see after the normal damage that the monster flees from taking too much damage and then the bonus damage occurs and the monster dies. :)
Yuritau
Initiate

Post by Yuritau »

Looking at the OP list.. sure seems like piercing weapons got the most love for named weapons. Both of them are 1 pound and 12 damage (before adding your own enchants).
macographer
Initiate

Post by macographer »

What about that named bow that you can get from the ranger in wolfenwood? Are there any other named bow weapons?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

There's just the one named bow, but if you wait until you are a high level there is a really nice bow in a box net to Zeblin in the Thieve's Arcadia. You can enchant it with alchemy to do even more damage.
macographer
Initiate

(off topic a little, sorry...)

Post by macographer »

Yeah, that was a really nice one. I just bought an even better bow from the durnore blacksmith: Hellwrought Walnut Great Bow, base of 3, +4 fire dmg. Then I enchanted with +3 to hit, and +3 damage. It's better in my opinion than the Warmoth because I can add 2 enchantments instead of just one, since Warmoth comes with +3 bow, and +1 poison. Poison doesn't seem very useful to me, since most kills are done in 2-4 hits. Just not much time for poison to have much effect.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Strictly speaking, the best bow would be a Divine Timber Great Bow, with a base damage of 11 (5 Great Bow + 6 Divine Timber). The bow in Zeblin's chest is a Recurved Bow, so the best it'll ever get is base damage 10. In fact, I'm not sure you ever get Divine Timber from level-dependent items no matter how high level you are.

Once you've got a good base item, I like to enchant with Fire, Cold, and Damage. Even after the upgrades in the latest version, Poison isn't as good as Fire or Cold, and ToHit isn't an issue, especially using the feat.