Maximum number of challenges meet in one game [SPOILER]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
dragonslayer
Apprentice

Re: Maximum number of challenges meet in one game [SPOILER]

Post by dragonslayer »

Finished in 27 hours and 72 game days, easier than expected, the new weapon feats are very powerful and the key to success.

Continue as above, as level 8 - level 12, all skill points put into bow and stats points into dex, once your bow skill reached level 32 (only need 29 with +3 bow skill quest reward bow).you reached the fastest weapon feat recharge rate: 5 turns, intense focus = 3x damage 100% hit shoot every 5 turns, you won't need regular shoot now with the feat, your to hit rate is no longer useful so i always stay in power combat mode for maximum damage.

The feat recharge rate is depend on skill level, each skill point will reduce 3 turns in recharging. the formula is:
feat recharge rate = (100 - weapon skill level * 3) turns
capped at level 32 with 5 turns.

After your bow skill reached maximum feat recharge rate, it isn't that useful to put points into weapon skill anymore. every 2 points in weapon skill only add +1 to hit and +1 damage now.

After level 12, I need to finish "the Jack of All Trades" challenge,
first, trained all skills with trainer to level 8, there are total 14 trainers in game, then I needed to raise 6 more skills to level 5, as Mercantile skill was already above level 5, only 5 more needed, which will cost 4 * 5 = 20 skill points (level 1 gained is from skill book), need 7 more levels to finish the goal.

So at level 12 - 19, all skill points into dodge, skullduggery, medicine, spot hidden, lore to raise them to level 5 each, after that, points went to the bow skill again as there was nothing needed now. all stats points still went to dex.

All things left was pretty easy, here are the final screenshots, 11 of 13 challenges done in one game:
Attachments
stats in crux chamber room.
stats in crux chamber room.
stats.jpg (171.05 KiB) Viewed 11069 times
inventory item and skills, nice axe, used to boost loot score.
inventory item and skills, nice axe, used to boost loot score.
inv_stats.jpg (179.92 KiB) Viewed 11069 times
ending score
ending score
ending.jpg (163.66 KiB) Viewed 11069 times
Last edited by dragonslayer on May 25th, 2010, 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
dragonslayer
Apprentice

Post by dragonslayer »

Also the saboteur ending screenshot with this character, with hit and run, korren couldn't even touch you.

Those are all i want to do with book2 now, anyone want to try more?
Attachments
saboteur.jpg
saboteur.jpg (163.34 KiB) Viewed 11069 times
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

dragonslayer wrote:For other stats like resistence, armor, hit rate, base damage, save up have no effect as far as i remember, neither in book1 or book2. they are caculated real time, equip items with +stats do affect resistence etc. it is always like 5 str for 1 melee damage. about 2 endurance for 2% all resistence.
Thanks, must have been a memory glitch on my part. :wink:
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

I have to say, no other thread in this forum makes me want to stop playing like this one does. I mean, if it seems that easy, then the game must not be worth playing. I'm pretty far along, but I don't think I'm going to finish this game now. I suppose that's a good thing; I need to get back to my real life anyway. So, thanks for giving me a kick to get off this game. Have fun y'all.
jwrickert
Apprentice

Post by jwrickert »

Wow!! Well thought out; extremely well played.
Congratulations.
Mr_Random
Pledge

Post by Mr_Random »

is there any way to avoid kill Sparrow to get the "Hammerlone Mine's Key" ???
because after the conversation, she'll always turn hostile, thus force me to kill her.
This way i cannot complete the "True Healer" Challenges...
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Mr_Random wrote:is there any way to avoid kill Sparrow to get the "Hammerlone Mine's Key" ???
Take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4112
In short there are two ways: pick the lock or steal the key from someone else who has a copy.
If you pick the lock you'll miss two quests; the Sparrow quest and the one for entering the Hammerlorne mine, as that quest requires entering with a key.
Mr_Random
Pledge

Post by Mr_Random »

KillingMoon wrote:
Mr_Random wrote:is there any way to avoid kill Sparrow to get the "Hammerlone Mine's Key" ???
Take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4112
In short there are two ways: pick the lock or steal the key from someone else who has a copy.
If you pick the lock you'll miss two quests; the Sparrow quest and the one for entering the Hammerlorne mine, as that quest requires entering with a key.
oh i'm sorry, i didn't search for it in the 1st place
ty for your answer

got to rob some dwarven miners :D
Aldbeski
Marshall

Post by Aldbeski »

dragonslayer you'e absolutly amazing i don't know how you manage to do this kind of stuff in the i mean 11 is abig number
i clap my hands for you
P.s : excuse my bad English

Didn't reach my expectations (Eschalon Book 3)>> But Still, A Great Game nevertheless
guy
Pledge

Post by guy »

So I saw this topic after I played through the game once, and I thought that I could do one better. I did all of the challenges except for Hellbringer, and my only kills were via portcullis (those devilmanders in Hammerlorne had it coming). For some reason using the portcullis doesn't mess up true ranger. The hardest part was making it across the rift without being seen by the rift harpies, but the rest was pretty easy. Just rely on lots of endurance, a good bit of parrying, a lot of camping for ingredients to sell for gold, and a whole lot of hiding and then fleeing in terror when my enemies spotted me. When anything needed to be damaged, I'd use a flask of demon oil and rely on the splash damage. This also helped in my getaways, of course.

This challenge would have been much much harder if I weren't for some reason as fast or faster than every other single creature in Eschalon.

Here are the ending pics:
Attachments
ending2.jpg
ending2.jpg (94.82 KiB) Viewed 9957 times
ending1.jpg
ending1.jpg (99.04 KiB) Viewed 9957 times
Farwalker
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Farwalker »

Clever, my congrats guy - very well played!
Farwalker
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

How did you deal with the three objects you must destroy to complete the game - the fence in Tallushorn level 2 (?) by the spearmasters, and the two computers on the final level? I suspect it might be possible with strategic use of powder kegs and demon oil - striking a keg fails a challenge, as does demon oiling an object, but demon oiling a keg does not - but haven't tried it.
guy
Pledge

Post by guy »

Both the fence and the computers die quickly with demon oil. There's also a slight bug that I exploited with demon oil. If you set a light source on fire (like a torch in a sconce), then the light from the light source dies when the fire goes out. This allows you to sneak around things without investing too heavily in hide in shadows, but it's kinda cheap. I think I only used it in one or two spots, and I probably could have gotten by without it.
GameFace
Initiate

Post by GameFace »

eb2_screen14.jpg
eb2_screen14.jpg (213.69 KiB) Viewed 9822 times
eb2_screen16.jpg
eb2_screen16.jpg (187.33 KiB) Viewed 9822 times
I did not cheat in any capacity. There were a few tricks though, like throwing potions off-center. The game was made easier by finding a source of invisibility potions. Also I relied on flasks of charm quite a bit. Currently I think 29 quests could have been done in this attempt, with only the prospector and the assassin quest being left out. Others take a lot of effort.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Can you complete the meeting with Sparrow quest without failing True Healer? I managed to get some boreheads to kill her after she had gone hostile on me, and still failed the challenge.

In related news, does anyone know which field in entities.csv makes killing Sparrow fail the challenge? I'm looking at the info for other "friendly" NPCs that it's okay to kill when they turn on you (Julian, Harpen, Zeblin) and I don't see any obvious differences.