Repair Skill Worthwhile?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Krafen
Council Member

Repair Skill Worthwhile?

Post by Krafen »

Is there a noticeable advantage to having a high repair skill? I have been able to easily repair everything I have found so far with a simple pair of Tinker's Gloves.
Vagabund_vD
Initiate

Re: Repair Skill Worthwhile?

Post by Vagabund_vD »

If you have some extra money that you don't mind to spend, I found the repair training in the dwarven city to be a worthwhile investion. I personally would not spend any skill points on increasing the skill but as it's just money and I usually have plenty of it (playing a ranger who specializes in foraging early and therefore makes a living selling expensive herbs) I buy training until I've reached level 8 in repair.

Not sure how long you need to camp to repair all your damaged items if you just have the tinker's gloves but with repair at level 8, they're fully repaired within a couple of hours of camping.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

If you are playing a warrior this skill is a MUST, at least 1 point.
You don't want to find yourself in the middle of a combat without a weapon.
Elwro
Senior Steward

Post by Elwro »

...and the Tinker's Glove option isn't really feasible in the long term if you play with hunger turned on. With the overall scarcity of food, you can easily starve if you camp for many days to repair your gear.
iamrichard
Steward

Post by iamrichard »

If you use armor and weapons, then yes (warrior, roque). Otherwise, no. (wizard)
The grass is greener at my neighbour.