How much Lore do you need?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Buckets
Council Member

How much Lore do you need?

Post by Buckets »

I just would like to tell you that I'm near the end of the game. My intelligence is 14 +3 from hat = 17 and my lore is 10 +2 +2 from rings = 14. With that I thought I would be able to identify anything, but no! I just found 5 items I can't identify. :shock: I'm so excited!!! They must be pretty good.

So now I can level up. In order to identify the items I tried putting points into lore. First only 1; no help. Reloaded and added 2 points to lore; still no help. Alright, how about adding 3 making lore now 17? Yes, that did it! I can identify all 5 items. And they are sweet!! :mrgreen: Believe me, it's worth it. Oh what fun!
MajorKong
Initiate

Re: How much Lore do you need?

Post by MajorKong »

That, sir/madam, is a LOT of lore.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

I am a cleric with a very low intelligence so I just use the Lore spell.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Now at the end of the game, with a lore of 17, I cannot identify one item. I thought for sure 17 would be enough for everything, but not so. I can no longer level up to find out how much more I would need to identify it.
110kaakeli
Initiate

Post by 110kaakeli »

Cost less skill points if you train divination to 8(3600gp) and read the book(~100gp) to get skill level to 10 and then use one skill point to total 11 in divination and buy a lore spell(~160gp). Cast at level 6 and voila. No more unidentified items.