Unique Feature

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Unique Feature

Post by AK_Marty »

So, I finished the game and thought it would be fun to copy my level 20 char into a new game. Well, after rolling a new guy and saving at my house, I exit the game and replace the char file with my level 20 char file. I restart the game and low and behold!! My guy is now across the river from his house, with a permanent tent and a couple treasure chests near by. He is stuck there, with NO way to walk to another area. Is this BW's way of saying "neener, neener, neener you cheater :!: :?:
If so, cool trick dude!
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Unique Feature

Post by AK_Marty »

Jedi_Learner wrote:I'm sure you can reach that area if you go east from Ironpool Dam on the south side of the river.
You are correct Sir!! I just had to wade in the river to get to the Ironpool dam area. Now, off to rape, pillage and burn!!
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
Apoteos
Steward

Post by Apoteos »

AK_Marty wrote:You are correct Sir!! I just had to wade in the river to get to the Ironpool dam area. Now, off to rape, pillage and burn!!
It seems you made some spelling mistakes, you meant to write "Help Village that burns, right? :D

Right? :)

err... :?

Oh :|

I see... :(
The gift of life is so divine
But without death
Life would soon decline
elkston
Apprentice

Post by elkston »

OK. I did a similar experiment, but ended up in the water just off the southern docks of EastWillow (north of your house).

I was right in the middle of the water though and could not move at all. So what I did was create a new char., then walked to EastWillow so I could get the FastTravel slot. Then I switched the char files with a save from near the end of my other game. I reloaded and was in the water as I expected. But this time I was able to fast travel to EastWillow so I am now able to walk around and play the game again with my beefed up char!

Now it's going to be interesting to see what sort of glitches/quirks might come along with this unexpected mode of play.

(For instance -- I already have the Crux of Fire !)