Wendy's Brother's Treasure

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Wendy's Brother's Treasure

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Randomizer wrote:Keep trying Everdale (Ara) and Port Kuudad (Big Sal) since they have the lower level armors. Also camp out for outlanders around Port Kuudad since they drop loot and it's usually the type you want.
I wouldn't say "around Port Kuudad," since you can't get random encounters on the Port K map. You can just camp in the Outlander camp near Wendy's brother's house and they'll pop up to talk to you, though.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

Farrock monolith is a good spot to farm outlanders.
haidivolume
Pledge

Post by haidivolume »

Great job,thank you.please continue.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

I havent seen bronze gloves in any incarnation(or armbands etc) but i sure do have the rest of the set already ;)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
ach1949
Initiate

Post by ach1949 »

I think it's too bad there isn't an alternate solution to activate the pentagram or enter the room another way. Maybe a plain bronze ring, but there aren't any. You have to abandon the quest to fulfill the challenge of not wearing armor.

It's the same with the "Meeting with Sparrow" quest. Kill her to get the Hammerlorne key and you've killed an NPC and lost a bonus. Well maybe I should try charm cloud potion(s) on her before I say that.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

ach1949 wrote:I think it's too bad there isn't an alternate solution to activate the pentagram or enter the room another way. Maybe a plain bronze ring, but there aren't any. You have to abandon the quest to fulfill the challenge of not wearing armor.

It's the same with the "Meeting with Sparrow" quest. Kill her to get the Hammerlorne key and you've killed an NPC and lost a bonus. Well maybe I should try charm cloud potion(s) on her before I say that.
You can avoid killing Sparrow and get into Hammerlorne another way. Think of somebody else who might have a key, or find another way through the door.

Wendy's Brother's room, no such way around it. What's in there is in no way necessary to complete the game, though. Just a nice bonus if you do get there.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

It's unfair that the bell tree is unreachable for those who are doing the untouchable challenge. The same with Sparrow. Being a true healer makes you unable to kill crazy npcs but you can still steal keys from (innocent) dwarves. Is that virtuous?
ach1949
Initiate

Post by ach1949 »

Thanks Kreador, but I already knew where to get a key to the mines.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

We've had the discussion about certain content being incompatible with certain challenges before. Yes, it's kind of annoying, but the challenges are 100% optional. There are lots of games where you can't do literally everything in the same play through because to get some things you have to abandon others.

Maybe the challenges in Book III will be more compatible with side-quests, but I wouldn't count on it. Testing and debugging challenges extensively seems like a lot of work for relatively little gain. I'd much rather have more challenges that occasionally make you miss things than fewer more compatible ones.