So where are the portraits?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Loki
Initiate

So where are the portraits?

Post by Loki »

Is there any source for character portraits we can use to replace the vanilla characters that come with the game? When playing Balder's Gate and many other PC games there was a cottage industry of artists and game players that provided hundreds of portraits to choose from to portray your in-game persona. I have seen 3-4 samples here in the forum but would like to use something that harks back to the good old days when it took hours to flesh out the various party members after viewing literally hundreds of portraits. :D
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: So where are the portraits?

Post by Drixx »

Loki wrote:Is there any source for character portraits we can use to replace the vanilla characters that come with the game? When playing Balder's Gate and many other PC games there was a cottage industry of artists and game players that provided hundreds of portraits to choose from to portray your in-game persona. I have seen 3-4 samples here in the forum but would like to use something that harks back to the good old days when it took hours to flesh out the various party members after viewing literally hundreds of portraits. :D
You can use one custom portrait at a time, it must be called "mypic.png" (I believe) and that's as far as it goes. There are some decent ones floating around the forum already.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: So where are the portraits?

Post by IJBall »

Drixx wrote:
Loki wrote:Is there any source for character portraits we can use to replace the vanilla characters that come with the game? When playing Balder's Gate and many other PC games there was a cottage industry of artists and game players that provided hundreds of portraits to choose from to portray your in-game persona. I have seen 3-4 samples here in the forum but would like to use something that harks back to the good old days when it took hours to flesh out the various party members after viewing literally hundreds of portraits. :D
You can use one custom portrait at a time, it must be called "mypic.png" (I believe) and that's as far as it goes. There are some decent ones floating around the forum already.
Has anyone tried importing the Book I character pics yet? I liked two or three of those more than most of the Book II male portraits. (Book II's female portraits are mostly good!...)