Final Door/Lock

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
corwin
Apprentice

Final Door/Lock

Post by corwin »

Just before you finish the game, there is a door with a number lock. Maybe I missed it, but I found nothing giving any hints to this combination. Since I can't go back to check this out, has anyone managed to open the door?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Final Door/Lock

Post by Randomizer »

I broke through the hard way by destroying the door. Some more money, but nothing that you need unless you are a few gold short of a wealth lord challenge.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Look carefully at the floor in that room for a hint on the combination.
Desmone
Initiate

Post by Desmone »

Buckets wrote:Look carefully at the floor in that room for a hint on the combination.
:) :) :) a good example of the sort of nice subtle touches that make this game stand out from the rest.

Far too subtle for me though ....... it's me age, you know!! (one more month and I get a level up: AGE +1)
corwin
Apprentice

Post by corwin »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Looking forward to the review from RPGWatch. :)
Review has been written and submitted. Should be up soon I hope. I think you'll like it. :)
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I have a request for Book III, but it's so closely related to this topic, I'd rather not make a new topic just for that. Basically, I would just like to be able to type in a number, and get that number on the padlock. That way, the problem with accidentally scrolling past it is solved.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Vroqren wrote:I have a request for Book III, but it's so closely related to this topic, I'd rather not make a new topic just for that. Basically, I would just like to be able to type in a number, and get that number on the padlock. That way, the problem with accidentally scrolling past it is solved.
Ah, good idea. Plus having to scroll through things to get to the right number is always kind of cumbersome.