what to do with copper bar?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Ryan A
Pledge

what to do with copper bar?

Post by Ryan A »

Hello,

First I'd like to say thank you to Basilisk Games for making such a great old-school CRPG... and one that I can play on my Mac, no less!

I am wondering if there is something that can be done (other than just selling it) with a bar of copper? It sort of seems like the sort of thing a blacksmith could craft into a weapon or armor piece, but I'm not seeing that dialogue option, at least with the blacksmith in the first town.

Thanks!
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: what to do with copper bar?

Post by Drixx »

Ryan A wrote:Hello,

First I'd like to say thank you to Basilisk Games for making such a great old-school CRPG... and one that I can play on my Mac, no less!

I am wondering if there is something that can be done (other than just selling it) with a bar of copper? It sort of seems like the sort of thing a blacksmith could craft into a weapon or armor piece, but I'm not seeing that dialogue option, at least with the blacksmith in the first town.

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure you just sell them. Don't take my word as gospel though ... between work and school and sleep, I've not finished book 2 yet.
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Drixx »

Jedi_Learner wrote:You just sell copper bars for money, they have no other use.
What about the other bars?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Drixx wrote:
Jedi_Learner wrote:You just sell copper bars for money, they have no other use.
What about the other bars?
All of the metal bars can only be sold. There is no other use for them. (Note that there is one hunk of metal you find that is a quest item, but it's not a bar.)

I do find it a bit amusing that they can be sold to inn keepers but not to blacksmiths, though. ;) That's a limitation of the item type setting, I know, but it's one of those things that makes me chuckle.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Gorgon Rider
Marshall

Post by Gorgon Rider »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote: I do find it a bit amusing that they can be sold to inn keepers but not to blacksmiths, though. ;) That's a limitation of the item type setting, I know, but it's one of those things that makes me chuckle.
Ah, I wondered why that was. I found it odd as well, as I headed straight for the blacksmith when I found some gold and mithril bars - and was quite surprised that he wasn't interested in doing a transaction.