Spell Quota

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
MaximB
Senior Steward

Spell Quota

Post by MaximB »

As a Cleric there are several spells I usually cast before heavy battles : Bless, Stone skin, Ogre Straight, Enchant Weapon and sometimes Cat's eye...

Instead of casting them over and over again, I would like to create a shortcut which will cast them for me, basically put all those spells in a quota which will be casted at will.

Is it possible (maybe with a small patch) ?
Krafen
Council Member

Re: Spell Quota

Post by Krafen »

Do you mean macro, or possibly queue?

The closest available is assigning spells to the number keys. Press "M" to open the spell menu. Select the spell and level you want. Then, press the number key you want the spell assigned to. Once you are done, you can do the following:
press 1, right-click
press 2, right-click
press 3, right-click
press 4, right-click.

It's a few more clicks than you were thinking of, but it goes pretty quickly.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

Krafen wrote:Do you mean macro, or possibly queue?

The closest available is assigning spells to the number keys. Press "M" to open the spell menu. Select the spell and level you want. Then, press the number key you want the spell assigned to. Once you are done, you can do the following:
press 1, right-click
press 2, right-click
press 3, right-click
press 4, right-click.

It's a few more clicks than you were thinking of, but it goes pretty quickly.
Yeah, I know about this and use it...but it can be improved.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I've been thinking about something like this, too. My mage always has Reveal Map up, and often has Gravedigger's Flame and Cat's Eyes up as well. It's not a big deal to prepare the spell from a hotkey when it runs out and re-cast it, but maybe we can do better :)

I can see two possible ways to do it:

1. Have a way to mark a spell be automatically re-cast. As soon as the spell runs out, the game automatically casts it for you assuming you have sufficient mana. It could be annoying to lose turns in fights to have this happen, though.

2. Give spells a casting cost and a maintenance cost. So level 6 gravedigger's flame might still cost 9 to cast for 420 turns duration, but after that runs out it uses 1 more MP per 47 turns. When you want to turn it off, you'd click the status effect icon.

On the other hand, do we really need to make it even easier to play as a mage?