West Willow, you fate lies elsewhere

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
synthecin
Apprentice

West Willow, you fate lies elsewhere

Post by synthecin »

I using the linux game

I've reached the sign for west willow, in but am told that my fate lies else where.
Where did I go wrong.

I asked for the history, I gave brudo the pass word phrase. did I miss something in his response by clicking to fast and not reading?

I am unable to bring up the subject again with him.

does this mean I have forfeited the quest and need to start over?

Nic
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: West Willow, you fate lies elsewhere

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

synthecin wrote:I using the linux game

I've reached the sign for west willow, in but am told that my fate lies else where.
Where did I go wrong.

I asked for the history, I gave brudo the pass word phrase. did I miss something in his response by clicking to fast and not reading?

I am unable to bring up the subject again with him.

does this mean I have forfeited the quest and need to start over?

Nic
You need to update your game to 1.04. Westwillow access was bugged in the Linux version prior to 1.04 (a capitalization issue, apparently).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
MaT
Initiate

Post by MaT »

I have a newest version, but what should I do, if I started my game in older version? Will it be sufficient to leave the map and enter it again? Or should I start the whole game again from the beginning?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Try leaving the map and reentering.

If that doesn't work than leave the map and save the game, exit the game and then delete the map and two other files for Ironpool Dam lower level from the slot where you saved the game, and then start up the game and replay the lower level to see if that works.
Elwro
Senior Steward

Post by Elwro »

This didn't work for me. I had to manually edit some files. Search the forums for a previous thread on this issue in the Linux subforum, there are detailed instructions there.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:You need to update your game to 1.04. Westwillow access was bugged in the Linux version prior to 1.04 (a capitalization issue, apparently).
If he's been using 1.03, I don't believe this is correct. I updated to v1.04 on Aug.3, but my "I will kill the Prospector!" save is dated Aug.1.

It seems to me that once in a long while there're just bad downloads, or bad CD's. Still... if Synth's version was unusually bugged, then I'd think that downloading v1.04 and thus updating his copy should've fixed it, true.

If the gate was opened then he did nothing wrong with the dialogue, and after investigating I saw that there's no actual "quest" associated with Westwillow, only a rumor from Minus and an agreement from the dwarf to open the gate. That's all. So this is a mystery to me!

Actually, based on what both Synthecin and Elwro said: it sounds like it's an issue specific to the Linux version.

Hope it's all fixed now, though.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.