The Orakur Are Loaded [MASSIVE spoiler]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
mph66
Apprentice

The Orakur Are Loaded [MASSIVE spoiler]

Post by mph66 »

OK, So I found the Orakur WIdget. "What the sam hill does this thing do?" Nothing, apparently, except replicate when you right-click on it. Then, you take your hundreds of widgets to the inn owners and clean them out. Put character to sleep in a tent. Go make a sandwich. Come back. Clean them out again. Do this until you can afford everything, then roll over the countryside, wreaking havoc wherever you may go. Drive the women and children before you. Hear their cries of pain and woe!
Rowanas
Council Member

Re: The Orakur Are Loaded [MASSIVE spoiler]

Post by Rowanas »

I once had a weird fault, that ended with me discarding tens of thousands of them all at once. It crashed out the game a little bit.
mph66
Apprentice

Post by mph66 »

Yeah, that happened to me before, too (but the game didn't crash). I found the widget, made a copy, and then went on my merry way thinking, "I'll drop one of these in all of the places I go to, just for kicks." Well, all of a sudden, I can't move. I'm going through my inv. and all of a sudden, there were 63,000 of the things in my inv. Pretty odd, to be sure.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

ah. If you drop thousands of them at once and then save and exit, they're still going on the main menu.
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

Um. Sorry, is this a hoax?

Or maybe it's only in the PC version. I've never found a widget in Book II.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

It is in the Hellice Lake area on the way to Durnore. There is an isolated cabin with the widget tucked away in a chest.

I have carried it around, but haven't ever played with it, so I haven't seen it replicate itself. Something tells me widgets are going to be important in Book III :wink:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Turtle wrote:Um. Sorry, is this a hoax?

Or maybe it's only in the PC version. I've never found a widget in Book II.
It only crops up in version 1.04. In 1.03 the item in that dresser is still the book "The Orakur Are Watching".
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

Ah. I haven't updated to 1.04 yet; I thought I'd wait for the add-ons.

So, yeah, I've been to that house and all I found was the book and some noximander venom. And the recipe.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Turtle wrote:Ah. I haven't updated to 1.04 yet; I thought I'd wait for the add-ons.
To be perfectly clear, it's just a bug in the game engine. It's supposed to be the book. I'm sure that'll be fixed once 1.05 comes out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

And then BW will add dialog where Erubor mentions losing his widget when he left Shadowmirk. :)
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Erubor doesn't sound like a "widget" person.

He'd probably mention a mystic artifact of unknown power that can replicate itself without end and must be studied, as it is a valuable resource.
I-hate-captchas
Initiate

Got the same bug

Post by I-hate-captchas »

but fortunately I had a portal set in my house near the chest. Now I am slowly selling some 65K of these widgets. It looks like all generic traders take them and it surely beats selling food because I don't have to click that much.