Gold

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Donleon
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Gold

Post by Donleon »

Are the only ways to get the Wealthy Lord challenge bonus to overskill mercentile or to spend hour's with farming flower's? I skilled thief and opened any chest i saw still didn‘t got any items that are more worth than 6000 Gold (from chests). Also it would be cool if you can steal from person‘s too i mean for a thief i think its normal to start with some easy pickpocketing. Also the persons status should change coz when i see my whole inventory has been stolen i would‘nt keep smiling to traveller's selling thing‘s that look exactly like the things i had :wink: maybe an idea for book 3
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Gold

Post by xolotl »

Donleon wrote:Are the only ways to get the Wealthy Lord challenge bonus to overskill mercentile or to spend hour's with farming flower's?
Mercantile and Foraging definitely help, but they definitely don't have to be primary drivers. I accidentally ended up getting Wealthy Lord on my previous game, and while I did have Foraging up to 8 (or 12 with rings), I don't think that too much of my wealth came from that direction, as I'd hold on to most of the reagents that I was foraging). My Mercantile was just 1 (after reading a book), bumped up to 3 by the Dealer Hat which I'd put on while trading.

I did spend at least awhile camping out while waiting for the shops to re-stock, when I was trying to find that last bloody piece of bronze armor, though. :)

One thing that can help is having the Alchemy ability high enough to imbue the strong +3 bonuses on armor/weapons - the base value will jump pretty high, to the point that the armor your wearing will be worth quite a bit (to say nothing of reselling equipment back to resellers - I'd often put at least an extra +3 damage on the Named Weapons before selling them, to bump the cost even higher). Repair can be helpful in that regard as well, though I'm not sure how efficient that would be without a reasonably high Mercantile.

If you browse around in the thread where people post their endgame status screens, you'll see that a lot of them have held onto a lot of lightweight-but-expensive items, like magic scrolls and the like; that could help too.
Also it would be cool if you can steal from person‘s too i mean for a thief i think its normal to start with some easy pickpocketing. Also the persons status should change coz when i see my whole inventory has been stolen i would‘nt keep smiling to traveller's selling thing‘s that look exactly like the things i had :wink: maybe an idea for book 3
Yeah, for sure - there's been some discussion of that already over here (and probably elsewhere).
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

xolotl wrote:One thing that can help is having the Alchemy ability high enough to imbue the strong +3 bonuses on armor/weapons - the base value will jump pretty high, to the point that the armor your wearing will be worth quite a bit (to say nothing of reselling equipment back to resellers - I'd often put at least an extra +3 damage on the Named Weapons before selling them, to bump the cost even higher).
It should be noted that imbued rocks or darts are just as profitable and much easier to sell. A +3 damage/+3 freeze/+3 fire rock is worth 1501 g, which is 863 g net with just 3 in Mercantile from the book and the hat. You're only limited by the amount of reagents you can find or are willing to camp for.

Edit: It would not be worth buying the ingredients without significant Mercantile--which would obviate the need for generating cash anyway.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

I would just like to nip in as the Grammar Troll for a moment.

Not everything ending in an s requires an apostrophe. Apostrophes are used to indicate ownership or dropped letters. First language or not, that's a fairly basic rule of English. I hope this enlightens you and will improve your punctuation in future.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Rowanas wrote:I would just like to nip in as the Grammar Troll for a moment.

Not everything ending in an s requires an apostrophe. Apostrophes are used to indicate ownership or dropped letters. First language or not, that's a fairly basic rule of English. I hope this enlightens you and will improve your punctuation in future.
SpottedShroom attack's Grammar Troll. ToHit probability [99%]
HIT! Damage roll: 137
[Critical Hit, Damage Roll x2]
Grammar Troll suffers 274 point's of damage and dies!
+1 experience points.
Something has been dropped!

:P
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Shroom, they will never find your body...
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

I need more apostrophe's!
SpottedShroom wrote:SpottedShroom attack's Grammar Troll. ToHit probability [99%]
HIT! Damage roll: 137
[Critical Hit, Damage Roll x2]
Grammar Troll suffer's 274 point's of damage and die's!
+1 experience point's.
Something ha's been dropped!

:P
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

I would welcome more posters with bad English. I had no problem at all understanding what was said here, and that's all that matters for a forum. Some helpful pointers can always be given, of course, if that was Rowanas' intention then it's fine.

But about the Wealthy Lord challenge, that's indeed easier than it seems. Also I made the grade unintentionally. There's a lot of really expensive loot lying around in the later stages of the game, and it's good to keep in mind that it's not just your cash that counts; the value that's in your inventory will probably be the biggest chunk.