Finaly The Playthrough that im actually proud of

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Aldbeski
Marshall

Finaly The Playthrough that im actually proud of

Post by Aldbeski »

Here is a screenshot of my latest playthrough
P.s : excuse my bad English

Didn't reach my expectations (Eschalon Book 3)>> But Still, A Great Game nevertheless
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Finaly The Playthrough that im actually proud of

Post by Painted Lady »

You should be proud - that is a great play-through!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Great score - nice job!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

:shock: Wow! That must be the currant all time high! Congratulations!
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Dragonlady wrote: :shock: Wow! That must be the currant all time high! Congratulations!
Didn't someone else report a score of over a million points? (It might have been Farwalker, actually...) Anyway, I think we've seen at least one other score higher than this one...

(Meanwhile, I don't think I've managed to crack 150,000 yet... :| )
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

Aldbeski, do you have a screenshot of your stats? I'd love to know how someone does 649 damage in one strike!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Turtle wrote:Aldbeski, do you have a screenshot of your stats? I'd love to know how someone does 649 damage in one strike!
I don't know if this is what Aldbeski did, of course, but you can get that kind of damage on a single strike if you exploit a bug in the engine's logic which allows you to use an Unarmed Combat feat while using the Plasma Wand. A 4x attack (especially if combined with a 30% power strike) can easily get that high with the wand.
Mod.
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Mod. »

Unless it was changed in the latest version, Plasma wand damage does not count toward the "most damage delivered in a single strike". Oddly, I haven't tried a legit bow character yet, is it possible to get that high with the feat? A berserker is sword granted though correct?

Edit: Well nevermind, I wasn't smart enough to notice the 0% bow kills. Can anyone confirm the plasma wand not counting towards it? I doubt a level 22 character can hit that high without using a wand. Maybe he used fury after investing everything into strength and speed combined with ogre strength?
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Mod. wrote:Unless it was changed in the latest version, Plasma wand damage does not count toward the "most damage delivered in a single strike".
Oh hey! Right you are. So, interesting - I'd love to know where that came from too. :)
Oddly, I haven't tried a legit bow character yet, is it possible to get that high with the feat?
My bow char had a max damage of 336. I didn't often use anything more powerful than the basic Arrow, though I'd bet that that score was from a time when I was using a Soulpiercer or Diamond-tipped.

Edit: FWIW, I got curious and started running some numbers based on an Unarmed Combat char that I thought was fairly reasonable (strength 47, Unarmed Combat 46, mirroring what my primary stats were, on my bow character) - If you have your character Blessed and Ogre Strength'd, your "max damage" comes out to 66. A x4 Unarmed Combat feat will give you 264 base damage. A Power Strike will get you another 30% damage increase, and since a Berserker is Nefarious, you've got the chance for an extra 50% as well, which gives us 514 for damage. I wasn't able to get a Critical Strike in there, so I'm not sure where that figures in exactly (is it even possible to get a Critical Strike when using a Feat?) but assuming Critical Strikes are active, you could definitely get that high.

Further Edit: Heh, seems we're just duplicating an already-existing thread. Add in Stunning as well and you've got some serious damage going on. :)
Mod.
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Mod. »

Whatever, I still win.
Turtle
Council Member

Post by Turtle »

Why no Cartography? Would that be cheating? :P
Bonadea
Pledge

Post by Bonadea »

Hey there, need help. Since you've finished the game i figured that you're the best person to ask about this. I'm currently stuck at Talushon level 2 (last quest). I cant seem to go thru the portcullis where you can actually see the chest from outside and a taurax. I cant find any lever or whatsoever for me to go thru. I've made rounds and still fail to find my way in. Its either i miss something like the invsible wall in Hammerlorne Mine or there's something seriously wrong with my game... either way i've lost all sense of knowledge and ideas on how to move on... help pls..
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Posted a reply for you, Bonadea. Hope it's clear enough.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.